Jul 5, 2003
at home
he had a stroke some time ago

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
and gout and has had several incidents with dependency and overdoeses of painkillers... sad really.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
He really looked awful the poor old sod.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think he is loaded - has directed a lot of movies in the US and made a fortune selling Talkback.

Wikipedia suggests otherwise, despite the upbeat personal profile, there's not a lot of credits to the man - professionally - this side of 1999.

Here's the personal stuff...

[edit] Personal life
Smith is married to Pam, a former model who grew up in Easington and Durham, and the couple have houses in St John's Wood, Oxfordshire and Barbados.

Smith ended up seriously ill in hospital in 1999 after consuming more than 50 Nurofen tablets, the culmination of a growing addiction to the pills. He said at the time that the pressures of film work were a contributing factor, along with a desperate need to ease the pain caused by gout. Partly as a result, he agreed to sell Talkback, but Smith admitted to restlessness: "I said to my wife that I needed to do something to get me out of the house".

The actor has had a long time love of Rolls Royce cars, buying his first Silver Shadow at Brighton Racecourse from an advert in Sporting Life for £5000. He presently drives a Rolls Royce Corniche[6]

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Smith and Jones shared £48m between them when Talkback was sold to Pearson for £62m in 2000. They did dish some of that out to the staff, but trousered a big proportion of the cash.

He also directed Mr Bean (which grossed £200m at the box office) so I imagine he did OK out of that.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
So, what's the best, health or wealth?

There's only one way to find out.....

FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports