Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Celebrities/sportsmen/sportswomen in Unlikely Places

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Bruno & the comedian Joe Wilkinson in the ESL toilets....not at the same time I hasten to add.
Also Mark Williams from the Fast Show outside a pub in town years ago. As I walked past I just tapped my nose & said "You aint seen me, right". It was all I could think of tbh.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I blagged some tickets to the players' lounge at Wimbledon so saw plenty of tennis players ... and Chris Adams, the day before a cup match too.

I also once found myself sharing a hotel swimming pool with Kim Barnett (and once, as I've mentioned here before, found myself in a sauna with Bjork).

The most bizarre though has to be visiting a computer show and finding Lothar Matthäus on one of the stands: he looked bored out of his skull. I had a quick chat with him (and despite his reputation, he perfectly pleasant) and he signed a football for me. He'd obviously been signed up as a main attraction but I'm not sure that many people knew who he was.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sat next to John Torode on a flight to Glasgow

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Went to a fishing club committee meeting donkey's years ago in Exeter in a 'pub room' upstairs. When we came down at the end of the meeting, Viv Richards and Joel Garner were at the bar. Chatted to them for about 20 minutes (was a keen Somerset CCC follower at the time)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Whilst playing the "don't look know but 'X celebrity' is over there" game (a game where you spot rubbish lookalikes whilst drunk) we "spotted Nick Knowles" buying coffee.

It was Nick Knowles.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ian Anderson in arrivals at Ibiza airport asked me to let Arthur Browne know that he was in the bar if I saw him. Totally random, maybe he thought I was a meet and great service

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here