LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Thanks…ive learnt something!

I don’t think my van is covered in that description….and having recently inherited a small sum of money I’m not sure the car I’m buying qualifies ..as I was mainly looking at low road tax…low insurance….running costs etc …still it’s red…quite daring for me

THIS is a hairdressers car!

Did I mention that I fecking hate BMWs? I make a point of not letting them out at junctions:lolol:

1B0B2DD5-DF45-4F60-AFDB-5AF729CD38E7.jpeg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Mmmm, good shout. That engine is a thing of beauty.
My Mrs really isn't keen on the two seater options I keep mentioning, but let's test the water.

I am a man of age.
I live in a West Sussex coastal village.

Therefore my next car must be a Honda Jazz - it's the law, and a law I hate.

Anyhoo the last time we had a car thread, a month or so ago, it sent me off on a bit of fantasy.
I didn't stray far and thankfully I can no longer find the Honda S2000 that got me all giddy.

Here's a similar one albeit £4k more and without the black and red interior.
(probably for the best as I don't think I can own a car that requires me to be call "babe" every time I drive it)

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-de...nesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&page=1

What's comforting though is the bomb proof engine.
The amount for sale with 125k+ miles on the clock is a credit to that.

Brighton Rocker

Jul 16, 2011
TN 21
Funny you should say that, I was also looking at 159's and Brera's. Reliability played a large part in me deciding not to pursue either one but I think Alfa's have a bad rep that isn't necessarily warranted in their more recent cars.
The Brera is properly sexy, I do want one.

Have had many Alfas over the years 164, GTV, GT, Sportswagan and all have been a joy to drive and quite reliable apart from my last one which was a Spider (convertible Brera). Timing chain cost a fortune to replace and hood never worked reliably. Now have a Tesla Model 3 which is fantastic if a bit pricey!
The future is electric and some second hand are getting affordable.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I am a man of age.
I live in a West Sussex coastal village.

Therefore my next car must be a Honda Jazz - it's the law, and a law I hate.

Anyhoo the last time we had a car thread, a month or so ago, it sent me off on a bit of fantasy.
I didn't stray far and thankfully I can no longer find the Honda S2000 that got me all giddy.

Here's a similar one albeit £4k more and without the black and red interior.
(probably for the best as I don't think I can own a car that requires me to be call "babe" every time I drive it)

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-de...nesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&page=1

What's comforting though is the bomb proof engine.
The amount for sale with 125k+ miles on the clock is a credit to that.
You won't able to take much to the tip in that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You won't able to take much to the tip in that.

By the end of the month I won't have too any possessions left.
Spring cleaning has taken on a rather ruthless, skip inducing, turn towards 'minimal'.

That said a week or two before the pandemic I offloaded my thirsty car and got an old Clio to run around in.
Save some money.
Give Clio to Jnr when he passes his test.
Go back to owning a 'proper' car.

The problem now is I am really rather taken with the old MK2 Clio.
It's fun to drive, sticks to corners and roundabouts like pooh on a sheet, and yesterday I drove back from Wickes with a 5ft X 3ft sheet of plasterboard in it (only a corner out of the passenger window).

Bless it.

mxs_harrow

Jan 20, 2009
HA5
Funny you should say that, I was also looking at 159's and Brera's. Reliability played a large part in me deciding not to pursue either one but I think Alfa's have a bad rep that isn't necessarily warranted in their more recent cars.
The Brera is properly sexy, I do want one.

Firstly, I have to confess that I've driven nothing but Alfas since 2004 and have clocked up nearly 300K miles in them, mostly driving to Scotland and Italy.

It is even more of a challenge buying a second hand car recently as prices are up, 10% for diesels ( Euro 6) and 20% for open top posing vehicles.

There must also be dealer price inflation to pay for the amount of advertising ( including sponsorship) that Cazoo and Cinch have committed ( aka admin charge - WTF.).

Full service history, receipts, HPI check and a proper engineers report are the best way to check otherwise, all money well spent.

The online retailers have money back guarantees, and recent enough cars will still have balance of manufacturers warranty as well.

For Alfa 159/Brera lovers, the front subframe needs to be checked; £1500 to replace and 1.75 TBi Euro 5 petrol engine is best, although thirsty. Some variants; Ti Sportswagon, prices going through the roof.

Even my 2009 GT Q2 1.9 JTDm has doubled its WeBuyAnyCar so-called "valuation" in 2 years.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Looking to sell my car when I get back home & buy a new / used one. Been browsing Autotrader and there are lot I like the look of from Car Supermarket and Cazoo etc, for purchase online.
Some of the deals look great, which always puts doubt in my mind. Just wondered if anyone has experience of buying a car online.

I would refuse to use them purely because I can't stand Ed Gamble.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Couple friends bought with no issues (yet) and were very happy with price and service etc.

I have a feeling however when selling to those sites (which I think you mentioned too) the offers are dreadful? Mainly just the lazy option and have their place but selling yourself could be worth the effort. Just be careful and do research obviously.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Always used a garage for the simple reason if it goes wrong you know where they are, these internet sellers will sell you one and offer very poor after sales a bit like that oft lamented and gone computer company TINY = Tough It's Now Yours

That's not what post #5 suggests from someone with first hand experience.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
You're right ! It's a thing of rare beauty. I think everyone should own at least one.

Had a Z4, loved it. Great fun to drive. Some days just used to go for a whizz in the countryside just for the sheer joy of driving it.
Sold it to give the cash to my nephew to help him with his flat deposit. As things have turned out, I'd rather have the Z4 back!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here