Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Caveat (“If”) Wembley allocations

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Absolutely not pre empting anything but as I was in the wilderness for the last semi final a question:

If and a big if, we do get a result against Grimsby how did the allocation for the semi final work last time?

Assuming STH are at the front of the queue but was this staged using the loyalty points system (early release for best seats etc) or was there any priority based on those who had attended games in the earlier rounds of the cup, against lower points held STH’s?

No doubt will be different from the last semi final / final I attended where we had to queue for 5 hours at the Withdean

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The page on the Albion site from 2019 isn't accessible any more.

Email said...

Having successfully secured a place in the Emirates FA Cup semi-final at Wembley against Manchester City on Saturday, 6 April, kick-off 5.30pm, ticket information can now be found below.

Allocation

Albion fans have received an allocation of 33,466 tickets in the west side of the Stadium.

Pricing

Price CategoryAdultsU21/65+
Level 2£120£100
Category 1£80£70
Category 2£65£55
Category 3£45£35
Category 4£30£20
Disabled Seating£30£20

The pricing map can be found here

No booking fees will be charged when buying online. A £1.50 per ticket fee is chargeable for telephone bookings. With the use of a mailing house required to fulfil the large quantity of match tickets in a short time, a further £2.50 postage fee will apply per booking. Restricted view seats are priced at £10 less than full view seats.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Agreed - there won't be any "if you went to an earlier round" priority - it's not something we've ever done, so won't suddenly introduce it now. You'd guess the club would look back at 2019 and use that as a template - did it work? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

They did email non-members encouraging them to join if they wanted a ticket. Email here:

With a MyAlbion+ membership, you could get the chance to purchase an Emirates FA Cup semi-final ticket against Manchester City at Wembley. This is a fantastic opportunity as we expect tickets to sell out to members. The MyAlbion+ window for purchasing will be from 2pm on Monday, 25 March.​
As well as priority access to match tickets and a welcome pack, your membership will come with a host of other benefits set to be announced over the coming months. Prices start from just £25 for adults and £15 for juniors.​
Please note, you will need to buy one membership per person if you are interested in buying Wembley tickets. If you are opting to pay for a membership by direct debit, this must be paid before 3pm today, and regardless of how you pay, you must assign each member to the individual wanting match tickets.​

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This.

I'm way down the pecking order - yet got one when there were still loads left.
I was in corporate last time round so didn't need to bother with this nonsense, but this will be my situation this time round if we manage to get there.

However, I am a bit more concerned. The club is a different beast compared to 4 years ago. Have you tried getting a pair of tickets for a home game?

Make no mistake about it, demand will be higher than it was 4 years ago.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
IF we get to the semi finals, I suggest there will be a much bigger demand for tickets than last time, because we are a much more attractive side and whoever we play we will have a decent chance of making the final. The last time it was our final and I can’t imagine any realists gave us more than a very very slim chance.

I reckon the demand will outstrip our allocation IF we beat Grimsby

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I am sure there will be a train strike that day so tickets easier to come by.

***This is more a dig at scheduling than an assumption we make it***

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Agreed - there won't be any "if you went to an earlier round" priority - it's not something we've ever done, so won't suddenly introduce it now. You'd guess the club would look back at 2019 and use that as a template - did it work? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

They did email non-members encouraging them to join if they wanted a ticket. Email here:

With a MyAlbion+ membership, you could get the chance to purchase an Emirates FA Cup semi-final ticket against Manchester City at Wembley. This is a fantastic opportunity as we expect tickets to sell out to members. The MyAlbion+ window for purchasing will be from 2pm on Monday, 25 March.​
As well as priority access to match tickets and a welcome pack, your membership will come with a host of other benefits set to be announced over the coming months. Prices start from just £25 for adults and £15 for juniors.​
Please note, you will need to buy one membership per person if you are interested in buying Wembley tickets. If you are opting to pay for a membership by direct debit, this must be paid before 3pm today, and regardless of how you pay, you must assign each member to the individual wanting match tickets.​
I have just logged on to my Albion account and the membership to join for me is £34 and my daughter £24 and runs out 31st May this year.
would I be then more or less guaranteed tickets for the semi final still and final if we go there, do you think ?
£54 quid for a chance to buy tickets seems a bit high, but that will teach me I guess.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I was in corporate last time round so didn't need to bother with this nonsense, but this will be my situation this time round if we manage to get there.

However, I am a bit more concerned. The club is a different beast compared to 4 years ago. Have you tried getting a pair of tickets for a home game?

Make no mistake about it, demand will be higher than it was 4 years ago.
Yes - I suppose we didn't have Ronald last time!

But you're right, although then again, there could be less demand/excitement as we're 'getting used to it' now, instead of it being seen as 'maybe the only chance to see Brighton at Wembley for another 35 years'.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Which hotels are best for the final itself :fishing:
There is a BIG Premier Inn directly opposite to Wembley, amazingly tatty seeing as it only a few years old. I suppose it gets a lot of use!

If you just need a bed its OK, oh and next to no parking spaces so Train & Tube it. That final comment probably applies to everywhere in & around the Stadium.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I have just logged on to my Albion account and the membership to join for me is £34 and my daughter £24 and runs out 31st May this year.
would I be then more or less guaranteed tickets for the semi final still and final if we go there, do you think ?
£54 quid for a chance to buy tickets seems a bit high, but that will teach me I guess.
I think you’ll need to be swift to purchase both, especially the final should we get there.

24,000 STH’ers, I realise not all will buy, but only 30,500 tickets for the final going by last year’s.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There is a BIG Premier Inn directly opposite to Wembley, amazingly tatty seeing as it only a few years old. I suppose it gets a lot of use!

If you just need a bed its OK, oh and next to no parking spaces so Train & Tube it. That final comment probably applies to everywhere in & around the Stadium.
Best view point back in Brighton for the victory parade? :fishing:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here