Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cats appetite affected by weather?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
They seem to be eating better than me.

Fresh tuna, spring water !!!!!

Mine get cat food and lump it, however much they whinge (which is all the time).

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
If you're going to give your cats Tuna, make sure it's the stuff in Spring Water. Cats only have little kidneys and are prone to kidney failure, the salt in brine can have bad effects on them.

Is there not a risk of mercury poisoning with tuna as well ???

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I was told that cats stop eating when it's really cold. It turns out it's true.

I put mine in the freezer for a week and it stopped eating anything after the first 5 hours.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ours is eating more :shrug:

Maybe it's got worms?

Our two are hardly eating at the moment, although yesterday the younger one had a swelling under her chin as she'd been stung by a wasp or a bee. The swelling has gone now, so she's back to normal.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Maybe it's got worms?

Our two are hardly eating at the moment, although yesterday the younger one had a swelling under her chin as she'd been stung by a wasp or a bee. The swelling has gone now, so she's back to normal.

We wondered that but she doesn't go outside so don't see where she would have picked them up.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
I keep checking their bowls and mine haven't eaten at all today, despite gathering around my feet at breakfast and dinner time. :(

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Our two are still their normal selves moaning to be fed then disappearing in the fields. They've brought back three mice and a rabbit to show us and then eat in the last few days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here