Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Catering tonight

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Didn't fancy chicken and choritzo, so no pie option as I don't like steak and ale. A sign said street food available at kiosks such as pizza and Piglets Pies, but no sign in WSL apart from a chilli and baked potato stall. So I had the cheeseburger and coleslaw. Surprisigly tasty although the bun wasn't a patch on last year. This food thing isn't going to work any more if I feel restricted to the cheeseburger though. Bring back the chicken and ham pie, the veggie pie and a guest pie please. I'm not spending £4-50 on a sausage roll!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
And another thing when the took away the quick ecash because of contactless we were told the limit was increasing to £30 but this hasn't happened so everything is slower when you spend just over £20

And what's with the pies in paper bags as well.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
My daughter had the new pizza and was really impressed with it: she's a big fan of the steak pies but she says the pizza was better. Impressed with the lack of queues in the North Stand too, got served straight away

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
Ordered a steak and ale pie in WSL. New girl, couldn't work the till. Went away and bit into pie which contained reddish orange pap that didn't taste of anything. Took it back and found out it was meant to be chicken and chorizo! Got steak pie and pastry was so hard it was horrible. Inside was a soggy tangy sort of tasting stuff - not one chunk of meat. Will most definitely not be bothering with that overpriced rubbish in future. I had a piglets steak pie a couple of years back and it was lovely. What on earth has happened to them?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
And another thing when the took away the quick ecash because of contactless we were told the limit was increasing to £30 but this hasn't happened so everything is slower when you spend just over £20

And what's with the pies in paper bags as well.

The (industry led) increase from £20 to £30 comes later this year.

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
Really disappointing. WSU, half time, left 4 mins early to get food a drink, they said that no alcohol was working, I could either wait for a fosters to drip through or choose something else. Angry queues, rightfully so. Chicken and ham pie has gone, don't really fancy the other options much. Disappointed after the shambles of Sunday too, with only warm flat strongbow available.

Don't like to moan at all, especially after a win, but really disappointed with it tonight. Food options and serivce have become really poor.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'd turned a free sandwich and crisps from my generous brother at London Bridge, determined to hang on in there for a taste of the cheese and onion pie. By the time I arrived at ground, delayed ludicrously by the shitty train system, I queue for around 10 minutes in central booth in the north stand to be told they have nothing at all for a vegetarian. I was quite riled, and peckish. I turned 40 a few weeks ago and it seems right and fitting to unholster my new prize stern letter writing pen. I'll take my own food from now on. A shocker.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I'm really, really worried about this. It was, without doubt, the worst cheese and onion pasty I've ever had.

Are there no veggie pies now.

I love piglets pies and was keen to try the cheese and onion pasty.

It was absolutely disgusting. Really disappointed.

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
Yes shocking . In the Upper West and impossible to get a drink at half time or food and as a veggie very little choice if I had had the chance to buy anything. Clearly we need a new catering team with no outsourcing -on site and with regular staff. We need machines that dispense beer in seconds and a decent selection of food . Be great if the Albion let all the local street food companies come up and sell stuff outside if the have the concourse bar again - rather than burgers , sausages etc - so flipping boring .

Anyway the catering is a complete disaster area at the moment - so just take your own food and a flask

Richard

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
I thought it was genius by the caterers to only have one poor girl running the Harveys beer stand outside the ground by the bandstand. At one point the queue was over 80 metres long. I suggested to a steward that he talk to someone about getting her some help and obviously his reaction was "sorry mate that's nothing to do with me*.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't like steak and ale.

Weirdo.

Anyway, I wasn't particularly hungry when I arrived in the WSU at about 7.10, so just queued for a beer, about 10 minutes or so, not too bad. I paid by debit card, and I have to say, the card reader is the s-l-o-w-e-s-t I have ever seen. Its egg-timer CENTRAL, and takes long enough to carve the receipt into stone. Anywhere else, you pop your card in, do the pin and its done in under 10 seconds flat tops, usually quicker. THESE ones though, they connect with this, think about that, remind me not to remove the card about 11 times, shows me a picture of a globe and some little wavey lines, and then FINALLY it goes through and you can move on. I had 6 o'clock shadow by the time it'd finished checking to see if I had any money in my account. It was like a throwback to dial-up internet, when you'd wait an eternity for that DISGUSTING picture to gradually reveal itself top to bottom, line by line.

I think they need to look into that.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
All good in the seven stars and east lower. The chicken and chorizo pie is a thing of beauty. I still don't like Harveys!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here