Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Catering ..... Running out of tea!

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
You should worry I couldn't even get my pre match Bovril, Quite how a bloke is supposed to prepare for a match without his Bovril I don't know?

After the game, having left the concourse in the WSU so my compadres could sample the delights of the guest ale on the lower concourse I couldn't get a Bovril in the West Lower! Barber out!!!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Wait! This was during the game? Like, while the game was actually in progress? You left your seat to go and get a cup of tea?

Get serious man, I'd missed the half time pee as was chatting to someone and then felt the need (this could be another thread I'm over 50) mid second half and, whilst returning to me seat thought, I'll grab a quick brew too.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yes, yes I think we are.

No, they're not perfect & sometimes the service does seem painfully slow. My only real gripe is that they never seem to consider pouring a load of pints ready for the end of the game, seemingly fearing that they'll go to waste, and instead you get six servers all standing around the beer pump, waiting to pour a pint for the dozens of people in the queue. But they're catering for thousands of people, occasionally something is going to run out. Doesn't really warrant a thread every week, no.

Oh come on Edna, you are never going to win. if they pull pints of beer early and have them lined up ready for the punters at full time, you will always get plenty of people saying ... I want my pint of Harvey's/Foster's/Strongbow poured for me fresh, I'm not going to drink it if it's been standing around since goodness know when!

In short, you can't please all of the people all of the time.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
How some people make it the through the day when they feel THIS is worthy of starting a thread I'll never know :shrug:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
You should worry I couldn't even get my pre match Bovril, Quite how a bloke is supposed to prepare for a match without his Bovril I don't know?

8 cups of Bovril for a quid from the pound shop. Plus a flask of hot water which does a nice little refill after you're 2/3rds of the way through.

Fill yer boots.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I don't moan often about catering, but being unable to sell hot drinks at full-time on a freezing evening game because they've run out of lids is fracking stupid.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Even better running out of milk at Half Time, surely it's not beyond a Catering Manager to say 27,700 fans (roughly), we sell say 20% of those with tea (checking back over the past two seasons data) well maybe we'll sell around 5,500 cups of tea, they should also know the split between stands and then just feed the kiosks the right amount plus 5%.

Who are they employing to plan this?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Even better running out of milk at Half Time, surely it's not beyond a Catering Manager to say 27,700 fans (roughly), we sell say 20% of those with tea (checking back over the past two seasons data) well maybe we'll sell around 5,500 cups of tea, they should also know the split between stands and then just feed the kiosks the right amount plus 5%.

Who are they employing to plan this?

You really need to get a life.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
This.

I appreciate it's probably not the caterer's fault, more it's the manufacturer's fault, but how is it the tea, coffee and hot chocolate in the concourses can all revoltingly taste the same (i.e. like they've passed through the digestive system of a honey badger first)? The Bovril is acceptable, and the hot chocolate in Dick's Bar is excellent.

First world problems, eh?

If the club is selling it then it's the club's fault. They're the ones taking your money and if you got poisoned they're the ones you'd sue.

(East Stand Upper also ran out of tea at halftime - the lady behind me came back with a cardboard cup of water. And you're right about the Bovril - it is very difficult to louse up and definitely the hot drink to go for.)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've really enjoyed the two veggie pies I've had over the last few days. The spice level seems to have gone up a notch or two.

(Apologies for polluting a moany thread with some praise)

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I've really enjoyed the two veggie pies I've had over the last few days. The spice level seems to have gone up a notch or two.

(Apologies for polluting a moany thread with some praise)
The pies this season have been consistently superb. They seem to have finally cracked it in terms of the cooking process.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The pies this season have been consistently superb. They seem to have finally cracked it in terms of the cooking process.

I had a steak and ale pie on Saturday and last night. The one on Saturday was absolutely superb, last night's one was very good, so a drop in quality there. I think this was largely due to how close it was to kick-off time and how long the pie had been sitting there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here