Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Catering MADNESS

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Each to his own. If I want something hot, I bring a flask of coffee or soup. If I want something cold, I bring sandwiches or some fruit.

Only issue I have had is my water bottle if I have been to the gym....although in the same bag I had two cans of lemonade and a set of darts!

Everyone knows thrown water bottles started the Tottenham riots. Good job our security is up there with Charlie Hebdos. I feel safer knowing you can't enter the Amex with bottled water. But really, a professional should stop your illegal supply of soup. It's not safe and has no place alongside Harvey's at the Amex. In footballing parlance, I'd hit you with a 3 match BAN! Now get drinking alcohol like the rest of us, how the **** are we supposed to replace Baldrick and KFC otherwise?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Everyone knows thrown water bottles started the Tottenham riots. Good job our security is up there with Charlie Hebdos. I feel safer knowing you can't enter the Amex with bottled water. But really, a professional should stop your illegal supply of soup. It's not safe and has no place alongside Harvey's at the Amex. In footballing parlance, I'd hit you with a 3 match BAN! Now get drinking alcohol like the rest of us, how the **** are we supposed to replace Baldrick and KFC otherwise?

Great idea...ban me!

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
]

That is what I do and many sitting round me do the same. One chap brings a large flask filled with hot water and hot dogs plus a packet of rolls already cut and squezzy ketchup.

Genius, that would save me a small fortune on Sunday with the 3 kids with me! Only problem is, I would have to carry the flask around, may have to have a word with the kids. "If you want a hot dog, you carry them, otherwise, no hot dogs today". Might work. Can I take a litre bottle of coke as well? :wink:

Edit: we can save on the squeezy ketchup as well by using the one's on the kiosk! win/win.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Hot dogs from 99p shop or LIDL rolls from Tesco= £2 for 6 hotdogs.

Very helpful. Can apply that to anywhere you buy prepared (especially hot) food. We're a captive audience, but we have a choice - anyone who doesn't like it doesn't have to buy anything. Simple really. Prices aren't any different to similar 'entertainment venues'........

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Genius, that would save me a small fortune on Sunday with the 3 kids with me! Only problem is, I would have to carry the flask around, may have to have a word with the kids. "If you want a hot dog, you carry them, otherwise, no hot dogs today". Might work. Can I take a litre bottle of coke as well? :wink:

Edit: we can save on the squeezy ketchup as well by using the one's on the kiosk! win/win.

Might be a problem with the bread knife to cut the rolls.

What a load of bollox BG talks. Does the chap he knows have a long necked pair of tweezers for getting the hot dogs out of the flask neck.
Or does he pour the boiling hot water out first then eat six hot dogs in one session.
Absolute bullshit of the highest standard.
You'll tell us next he used to come into a pub you used to run.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

What a load of bollox BG talks. Does the chap he knows have a long necked pair of tweezers for getting the hot dogs out of the flask neck.
Or does he pour the boiling hot water out first then eat six hot dogs in one session.
Asolute bullshit of the highest standard.

Hot dogs were 50p in his pub - sold at cost. Right ?

Absolute bullshit of the highest standard.

Wide neck flask solves this issue, I've done it myself.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
One chap brings a large flask filled with hot water and hot dogs plus a packet of rolls already cut and squezzy ketchup.

Fair play to him for that, but its an awful lot of of NAUSE isn't it ?

I still think its mildly curious that so many people can't go 2-3 hours on a Saturday afternoon without eating. At no other point during the course of the week do I get the irrepressible urge to cram a limp lukewarm cheeseburger or a flaccid tasteless tinned frankfurter into my gaping maw during the mid-to-late afternoon. I might bring along a sarnie if I've left the house early and lunchless in order to go beering before the game. But going through that whole time-consuming and expensive pot-luck rigmarole for hot food at the Amex...mmmnah. Lifes too short.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Many wide necked flasks about now, we have moved on from the days of narrow ones that I used as a lad. In fact in many you can put a stew type meal in and eat with a spoon. The rolls he pre cuts before he leaves home. As usual Hailsham Seagull knows everything and puts everybody else down if he doesnt agree with something. For your information I have never sold Hot Dogs in a pub only occasionally sausages in a roll or French bread if asked, but not hot dogs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here