Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cat dilemma

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
If it is still limping tomorrow, definitely take it to the vet

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
PET INSURANCE IS THE WORD.

This big time! Going back a few years a mate scoffed at the notion of insurance. Two weeks later his kitten took a tumble off a work surface and the vet fees were around £700. It's also paid dividends for me as Pet Plan covered my British Blue who has renal failure

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
OK: for those who may be interested. Persuaded by the wailing females at home and a few concerned NSCers, I took cat to vet last night. Easy enough to catch, dragging himself around the kitchen on 3 legs. Opened up the catbox on the vet's table: the wide eyed cat jumps down from the table and proceeds to meander prettily around the room on all 4 legs!! I'm standing there like a lemon saying `I can't believe it, he really was only using 3 legs......` and the vet is having to apologise to me on the cat's behalf `it's quite common, I've seen this before, they change when they get in here......`. Inspection: clear, injection: expensive, cat: fine. This morning, cat is 100%. Thank you to those who voiced concern for said cat but I shall not be attending the follow up appointment!

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
If that had been me at the vets, I'd have kicked one of its legs in properly, just to get my money's worth and teach the cat what REAL pain feels like.

You have the cat equivalent of Didier Drogba methinks.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
Why did you have an injection if the inspection was clear?

It's what vets do. I suspect it's a way they push up their fees, plus justify the visit. (yesterday the injection doubled the cost). I strongly suspect you could take the world champion cat, minutes after winning his third cat world championship, a picture of feline health and happiness; and they would still find a reason to pump something into it. However, if there are any vets on NSC who are willing to argue any different, I will of course be all pointed ears. The vet said yesterday's injection was `anti inflammatory` though I nor she could see any inflammation at all!!!

Last edited:

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
It's what vets do. I suspect it's a way they push up their fees, plus justify the visit. (yesterday the injection doubled the cost). I strongly suspect you could take the world champion cat, minutes after winning his third cat world championship, a picture of feline health and happiness; and they would still find a reason to pump something into it. However, if there are any vets on NSC who are willing to argue any different, I will of course be all pointed ears. The vet said yesterday's injection was `anti inflammatory` though I nor she could see any inflammation at all!!!

Vets will try to take as much money from you as possible. In my opinion, if the animal is still eating and drinking, it can wait a while.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here