Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Casualties....

Tazman

Jul 5, 2003
Seaford Where else!
McGhee also stated on southern fm that after saturdays performance "there will be casualties" when he clears out the dead wood from the squad.....
Now i know SC is a tosser, but didn't we win quite a few games with our dead wood? weren't we top of the table and beginning to feel comfortable there? Why are the players not performing now...whats going on girls and boys......?

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
That's just the kick in the arse some of these lazy players need. Maybe they will play better so they can keep their jobs now. Then we won't have to get rid of anyone.

Tazman

Jul 5, 2003
Seaford Where else!
I think your right, things ain't good at the mo and most of it is down to players lack of commitment...but i don't understand why...SC goes and we crash? A new manager comes in and normally a team would then perk up and start trying to prove their worthy of their position, but not here it seems!

Tazman

Jul 5, 2003
Seaford Where else!
Lush said:
They're all playing like a load of kids who don't like their new PE teacher.

Point well made.

Isn't it a "good" managers job to boost morale rather than depleat it?

I think MM will be ok eventually, but its the "eventually" that worries me

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We were playing shit and getting lucky under SC. This would have happened eventually, even under SC

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Well said Icy, we have been poor all season with 2 or 3 exceptions, this was coming for a while and you can pin it on the lack of strength in the squad, which is full of kids and has beens.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sorry, but when they play that shit, they deserve a bollocking.

Personally I was pleased to hear McGhee caning them afterwards, I don't want to hear another caretaker boss or Nathan Jones Argus column droning the same old "well we did lose but they're such an honest bunch of professionals who won two championships" line of crap.

If they are such pros, they should react properly to it and sort themselves out. If they don't fancy it, let them find other clubs.

Tazman

Jul 5, 2003
Seaford Where else!
I slightly disagree Icy! We were building a team to win the 2nd division, performances were far from brilliant, granted, but we always had the basics to fall back on, and the quality of the performances were showing signs of improving (on occassions)....we don't seem to have the basics at the mo

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Tazman, winning and losing are habits we've just exchanged one for the other. The balance of the team is wrong and we don't have the calibre of or type of players to call on who can make a difference. Fresh blood ( or a midfield returning from injury) is the only way we'll turn this round imo. Blaming the manager is an easy solution, but not necessarily the right one.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I think the problem with the players is that they feel too seure in there jobs! htey know damn well we haven't got any money and they have been quite happy to sit back and know that we can't afford to replace them!

McGhee is pointing out that this insn't the case! I think it's the kick up the arse they need!

They also need to learn how to pass, cross and take a free kick!

Tazman

Jul 5, 2003
Seaford Where else!
I'm not looking to blame the manager, i'm a concerned fan that is keen to find the right solution like everyone else, But you have to admit that the initial impression of MM isn't good...
As stated earlier, i think MM will be fine - eventually.
Would you be in favour of Cullip, Hart Kuiper etc all going in a mass clearout or do you think that the basis for our team is correct with some new midfield blood?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
MM comes across to me as a man with a nasty streak. Just what this sulking team need imo :)

Albion Rob

It's just hard to see where the money is coming from to finance a clearout and welcome new faces.

Look at the money we have made and saved this season - £1.5 mil for Zamora plus he was on a pretty high wage, saved a packet on Kitson, got rid of Packham, got compensation for Coppell. Brooker off the wage bill.

And what have we done with the cash? Roberts and Knight, I would be amazed if both of their wages weren't covered by what we saved in Bobby's wages.

I guess the funds are rightly being poured into the public inquiry, but it suggests that MM will have to work with what he's got by and large.

At the end of the day, f*** all matters this season apart from the Falmer decision.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
And staying up

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Albion Rob said:
At the end of the day, f*** all matters this season . [/B]

Are you one of the players? :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here