Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cash in quick. Sell your House.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Blimey, I cannot afford to do even that.
Bought my 1 bed house for £62000 in 1998, now market value is £325000.
If I wanted to move up to a 2 bed, I would have to get a bigger mortgage than before, it makes no sense.

How old are you? Do you have any dependents?

With that much equity you could afford to rent a 1 bedroom property, costing £800 PCM, for 33 years.

If let's say you estimate you have 25 years left of living, then you've got 8 x £9600 (£76,800) to have one **** off party.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Firstly there is no rational reason why house prices would fall, it's just more scaremongering.

And secondly if they did ire would benefit than lose.

But basic supply and demand means house prices in the south east will continue to rise for a long long time.

If what you mean by basic supply and demand is that there are too many people and not enough houses then that is only part of the story. Cheap credit has a huge part to pay in ever rising house prices, if there was no access to cheap credit then houses wouldn't be affordable at the current prices. Ask yourself what house prices would be in the south east if the bank of england base rate was 14% like it was in the early 90s or even 5/6% like it was before the crash in 2007? I think a lot of houses would be up for sale!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I'm not surprised. Both sides are coming out with some real rubbish.

I know............These are people in such positions of power and supposedly intelligent people and they are talking such utter pish, the lot of them.

Some people believe a lot of it though which is even sadder

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I know............These are people in such positions of power and supposedly intelligent people and they are talking such utter pish, the lot of them.

Some people believe a lot of it though which is even sadder

We've over another month of it to endure yet. :annoyed:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

With that much equity you could afford to rent a 1 bedroom property, costing £800 PCM, for 33 years.

If let's say you estimate you have 25 years left of living, then you've got 8 x £9600 (£76,800) to have one **** off party.

Yeh, and if he sells up quickly enough he can have that party on Independence Day (June 23rd. in the UK)
:thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
If what you mean by basic supply and demand is that there are too many people and not enough houses then that is only part of the story. Cheap credit has a huge part to pay in ever rising house prices, if there was no access to cheap credit then houses wouldn't be affordable at the current prices. Ask yourself what house prices would be in the south east if the bank of england base rate was 14% like it was in the early 90s or even 5/6% like it was before the crash in 2007? I think a lot of houses would be up for sale!

if you go back and compare early 90's prices to say early 70's, you'd see similar % rise in the south east. credit availability merely oils the economic machine, demand and prices for rental is high too. it is simply that we have not built anywhere near enough property for the growing population for 3-4 decades. and more than simple population, demand is also driven by other changes to demographics as families fracture and people live longer, as they didnt in previous generations.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I`m just buying House ..... Should I pull out ??? Agreed price but got no further.

Ha, exactly the same here and it is food for thought, but... 1. I think we'll stay in Europe. 2. Any knock-on effect of an exit on house prices won't happen for a while down the line, if ever. 3. Supply/demand in the south-east will keep prices up (as stated by people above).

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

50 this year, wife not working for health reasons and no children.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Brighton Mod;7438124 Camerons message is similar to Chamberlains 'peace in our time'. QUOTE said:
How is it similar to Chamberlain. By the time of the 'peace for our time' announcement, Hitler had already annexed Austria and the Sudetenland and was only a few months away from annexing Czechoslovakia. Other than Russia in the Crimea area there are no land annexations going on within Europe.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Gideon claiming that house prices will drop should be worth hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of votes to the Leave campaign - from young people who will never be able to afford their own homes at present prices.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Camerons message is similar to Chamberlains 'peace in our time'.

How is it similar to Chamberlain. By the time of the 'peace for our time' announcement, Hitler had already annexed Austria and the Sudetenland and was only a few months away from annexing Czechoslovakia. Other than Russia in the Crimea area there are no land annexations going on within Europe.

Oh for heaven's sake learn how to quote properly!

The similarity has nothing to do with land annexation, and everyone knows that. The similarity is a British Prime Minister returning from negotiations in Europe with an 'agreement' that is worth tiddley-squat and trying to fool the British public it is a wonderful thing he's done and that everybody should rejoice and vote the way he wants us to. When in fact the 'agreement' is pants, not worth the paper it is written on (or in Cameron's case, the hot air it is spoken with).

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
if you go back and compare early 90's prices to say early 70's, you'd see similar % rise in the south east. credit availability merely oils the economic machine, demand and prices for rental is high too. it is simply that we have not built anywhere near enough property for the growing population for 3-4 decades. and more than simple population, demand is also driven by other changes to demographics as families fracture and people live longer, as they didnt in previous generations.

As I said before I agree that house building is a large factor however the availability of cheap credit and expansion of the money supply can have equally if not more of an impact on rising prices. Otherwise how do you explain the fact that during the last boom period between 1997 and 2007 the housing stock grew by 10% whereas the population grew by 5% over the same period? According to simple supply and demand house prices over the same period should have fallen slightly, no? Actually the rose by over 300%!

The main reason currently that house prices are continuing to rise is the affect of cheap credit, this is allowing people to afford to buy and also existing house owners to continue to afford the mortgages that they wouldn't at normal base rate levels. If house prices continue to rise more than wages then affordability at some point has to come in to play. Interest rates certainly wont be going any lower!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here