Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Carvalhal new Swansea boss

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
And there was me thinking Stocko to Brum was the most surprising move of 2017...

scooter1

How soon is now?
IT does make me wonder if the hierarchy at Swansea have thought to write this season off, take the parachute payment and focus on getting straight back up. Bonkers, considering how close the bottom 10 teams are to each other and 3 wins(unlikely) could see them lower mid-table

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
IT does make me wonder if the hierarchy at Swansea have thought to write this season off, take the parachute payment and focus on getting straight back up. Bonkers, considering how close the bottom 10 teams are to each other and 3 wins(unlikely) could see them lower mid-table

In which case just give it to Brittan - at least he has an affinity with the club and the experience would do him the world of good. Hiring a bloke who couldn’t get Wednesday out of the championship despite spending fortunes makes no sense.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Screenshot from 2017-12-28 13-50-40.png

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
In the football game of firefighter musical chairs Swansea are left standing while West Brom, West Ham, Everton and Palace look on from their seats.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
I think Swansea have to win roughly half of their remaining games to stay up which is 9/13 when you take off games against the top 6. I think they are actually preparing for the inevitable!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I think Swansea have to win roughly half of their remaining games to stay up which is 9/13 when you take off games against the top 6. I think they are actually preparing for the inevitable!

By employing someone who has failed to get a team promoted over three seasons despite having one of the biggest budgets.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Jeeez. Swans fans must be doing their nut in. What you get with selling out to Yanks with no ties to the club. They don't care.

Makes me appreciate TB all the more.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Sheffield Weds only just won half their games last season.........(24/46). Not a lot of hope of Swansea doing that.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Really a better manager than Clement? Hopefully won’t be proven wrong but very pleased by this.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
There might be an upturn in results for three or four games but as night follows day, they'll start losing. That's one of the relegation spots filled. :)

Cardiff to go up to maintain some Welshness? Much nicer city anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here