Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carvalhal got it right

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I watched the Pompey play off games and dipped in to most of the others, they are exciting.
Check out Walsall though. Needing, like us, to score heavily in their last games they beat Port Vale 5:0 away only to see Burton get a draw and go up. But then Walsall lose 3:0 to Barnsley (6th) in the away play off game less than a week later. Shattered.

distantthunder

May 17, 2016
I have a new theory, that if luck does not even itself out across a season, it will even out across two seasons. Fingers crossed.

Howard Wilkinson always used to say luck may even itself out over the season but what's critical is when you get the luck. You could argue Stephens didn't deserve to get sent off against Boro but Kayal did against Wednesday. Technically that's luck evening itself out - but clearly one was more significant than the other.

biddles911

May 12, 2014
Have a look at the sky highlights thread.....commentator thought it was....and its obvious

It looked a pretty obvious foul to me too though it's easy to be wrong from the stands.

What surprised me was that Stockdale didn't move to cover it as it can't have been going at any real pace at that distance and it didn't seem to take a deflection?

Presumably he thought Dunk would get it?

Can't really get too worked up about it though as he also made a couple of terrific saves to keep us in the game.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Fair play to Carvalhal and his defence for getting away with it on the night, but on another night his side would have been on the receiving end of a most hideous hiding.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here