Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carrying on with the BNP debate - I interviewed Nick Griffin this morning

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
But it's not being discussed is it?

The vast majority are making statements like yours (power hungry, homophobic racists etc) and a certain few are disagreeing with you.

I bet if you do a search on the BNP you'll find hundreds of other threads EXACTLY the same.

Can't we just get back to moaning about Wilkins or discussing where some of you are going on holiday?

well, yes you can. On a thread about holidays or wilkins. This thread is about summat else!

But it's not being discussed is it?

The vast majority are making statements like yours (power hungry, homophobic racists etc) and a certain few are disagreeing with you.

I bet if you do a search on the BNP you'll find hundreds of other threads EXACTLY the same.

Can't we just get back to moaning about Wilkins or discussing where some of you are going on holiday?

We could yes, but I am slightly curious as to why you would rather discuss Dave the Gaffers latest weekend break than the visit to Sussex of a leader of a political party. Surely it is relevant and not out of place on this board? After all it is one of our posters that conducted the interview and started the thread. You could argue that we have discussed everything all ready on this board since its inception so we might just as well close it down now, although it seems to me that that is the sort of action of a facist dictator, no?

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire

I think this split is more to do with politics than any state involvement. The majority of the splitters appear to be moderates. I have always found it strange that Griffin has always expelled the brightest of his party. Any one who can try to take away his role as leader. Griffin is a well dodgy bloke. Personally I do think he is a state asset. Many on the hard right see the BNP as some kind of safety Valve.

I think this split is more to do with politics than any state involvement. The majority of the splitters appear to be moderates. I have always found it strange that Griffin has always expelled the brightest of his party. Any one who can try to take away his role as leader. Griffin is a well dodgy bloke. Personally I do think he is a state asset. Many on the hard right see the BNP as some kind of safety Valve.

When I was reading aobut the expulsions on the bnp site the other week it did seem to me that the ones being expelled were actually campaigning for some kind of democracy and openess within the facists heirarchy. griffin seemed to want to keep absolute control, especially over finances (hmmm, wonder why that might be) and the like.

What was funniest was reading the statements on the site. They read exactly like the kind of revisionist bollocks that the politbureau in moscow or china used to put out at the height of the stalinist purges.

sussexfatboy

Jan 4, 2005
Hastings
I think people like Gaunt are the real scum, he whips up racial hatred and prejudice but is clever enough to stop just short of what Griffin says, having already lit the blue touchpaper among his chavvy yob listeners.

Have to agree with that. i read the sun for the first time in years last week and could not believe the sort of xenophobic diatribe being spouted by this idiot.

sussexfatboy

Jan 4, 2005
Hastings
Our front page last week was Griffin's face accompanied by the headline 'You're not welcome'...

True, you reported Birch, Foster, pragnell etc but, excuse me if I'm mistaken, I don't think the paper said anything.
I would have liked to see the Observer take a harder editorial line. Either that or not report this meeting at all.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
When I was reading aobut the expulsions on the bnp site the other week it did seem to me that the ones being expelled were actually campaigning for some kind of democracy and openess within the facists heirarchy. griffin seemed to want to keep absolute control, especially over finances (hmmm, wonder why that might be) and the like.

What was funniest was reading the statements on the site. They read exactly like the kind of revisionist bollocks that the politbureau in moscow or china used to put out at the height of the stalinist purges.

Have you read anything on the Voice of change website. Its quite interesting that they are going to continue to attack griffins leadership of the BNP rather than form another party. I wonder how people on here would feel if the BNP was lead by moderates and had even more success than Griffin. Think Griffins handlers will won't to keep him where he is

Jan 30, 2008
Mind if I don't? :drink:
lokki 7 you have strong views which you are entitled to but you come across as a little bit scared and worried of the BNP who you dismiss out of hand, ime not into politics and i will make no attempt to get into a debate which is out of my depth but i do feel that some of the BNP ideals do appeal to people living in certain areas of the country but its the exstremist side of this movement that sticks with people when they look at the whole picture

lokki 7 you have strong views which you are entitled to but you come across as a little bit scared and worried of the BNP who you dismiss out of hand, ime not into politics and i will make no attempt to get into a debate which is out of my depth but i do feel that some of the BNP ideals do appeal to people living in certain areas of the country but its the exstremist side of this movement that sticks with people when they look at the whole picture

Scared? :shrug: I don't feel scared but maybe I'm hiding it from myself and you've found me out.
The BNP, as with all far right parties the world over will push it's more moderate policies in order to garner popular support with certain sections of the community. The stronger their power base, the more able they are to roll out their extremist views. Luckily in this country they are still a minor force which keeps the hard right in check.

Jan 30, 2008
Scared? :shrug: I don't feel scared but maybe I'm hiding it from myself and you've found me out.
The BNP, as with all far right parties the world over will push it's more moderate policies in order to garner popular support with certain sections of the community. The stronger their power base, the more able they are to roll out their extremist views. Luckily in this country they are still a minor force which keeps the hard right in check.
i think that happens in all political parties with their own policies do you agree, anyway ime out of this thread

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
We could yes, but I am slightly curious as to why you would rather discuss Dave the Gaffers latest weekend break than the visit to Sussex of a leader of a political party. Surely it is relevant and not out of place on this board? After all it is one of our posters that conducted the interview and started the thread. You could argue that we have discussed everything all ready on this board since its inception so we might just as well close it down now, although it seems to me that that is the sort of action of a facist dictator, no?

Point taken, however I was simply trying to point out that not allot was getting discussed just the two groups having a swipe at each other. Which was the same as the thread the other day (and no doubt the day before that and the day before that etc etc).

Point taken, however I was simply trying to point out that not allot was getting discussed just the two groups having a swipe at each other. Which was the same as the thread the other day (and no doubt the day before that and the day before that etc etc).

Well, it seems we are leading this thread away from mud slinging so why not have a reasoned debate here? Das Reich's comment was that I have strong political views, maybe that is right but I have no particular party affiliation. Why should I consider the BNP as a serious option? What do they stand for other than my perceived stereotypical assumptions?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
In all seriousness, does anyone think that the BNP could ever acheive any meaningful presence in the UK? Even if someone doesn't know much about them , most people dismiss them outright.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
In all seriousness, does anyone think that the BNP could ever acheive any meaningful presence in the UK? Even if someone doesn't know much about them , most people dismiss them outright.

Depends on how things go to be honest. They are doing ok at a council level. If Griffin was ousted as leader. I think they would have some serious potential

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

No. Hardly any 'extreme' political parties ever gain any real kind of powerbase in the UK.

It's partly a cultural thing - our history, certainly in the past 200 years has tended to shy away from hard left or hard right politics when it comes to power. That's not to say it shies away from hard left or hard right debate

The central pillar of any 'extreme' parties (as opposed to centre parties) is 'change' - some might say 'revolution'. But once change is achieved, where do you go from there? The fact is, despite our moaning about bloody Tony Blair or bloody Gordon Brown or that f***ing Margaret Thatcher, we live in a first-world society where change is done through evolution rather than revolution. We're not hungry, we're not all ill, we're not in a state of anarchy, we have access to most things we need to sustain a 'civilised' culture - the symptoms are not in place for that kind of revolution - irrespective of what hard left or hard right might say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here