Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carrying on with the BNP debate - I interviewed Nick Griffin this morning

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Interviewing the Hastings branch of al-qaeda next week, I assume Rich?

(Or perhaps that equally loathsome group known as the Charlton Athletic Supporters' Club Hastings & Bexhill Branch).

that equally loathsome group known as the Charlton Athletic Supporters' Club Hastings & Bexhill Branch
Have they expanded into Hastings, then?

It used to just the Bexhill branch when my mate ran it.

Where next? Poland, I guess, if Wozza is right about the loathsomeness of this organisation.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
There is another side to this situation. Right now I work in Whitechapel and there I find even black people complaining about the very large number of Asians and their attempts to change 'The British way of Life'. It is true that both White and Afro Carribeans are the minority in the area so it's not hard to understand why the BNP have a foothold in the borough.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am amazed the interview was finished given previous efforts

sussexfatboy

Jan 4, 2005
Hastings
It really was an excellent piece of journalism. It did not condemn or condone the BNP and its leader, it merely stated the facts for reader to make their own judgements. Surely that is what people want from a newspaper? In an age of ever growing political ignorance and apathy it is important that there is some unbiased and factual journalism to help people establish where they are on the political spectrum. This should be done in relation to all parties really otherwise ou risk turning the BNP into a maypole for people wanting to rebel. If you examine it in a thorough and unbaised manner then you expose it for the inadequate and unsuitable nature of its policies and views.

Fair point - but I think politicians with views like this deserve to be marginalised and not given mainstream coverage. Many local papers - like The Northern echo - have taken the stance that they will not publish BNP stories and are brave enough to say "You're not welcome in our community."

The BNP deliberately targets certain communities because of their predominant white working class demographics and perceived underlying racial tensions (Hastings) and use their ghastly rhetoric - published in stories like this - to play on people's fears. They gain misguided support from people who are unable to make a rational and unbiased appraisal of the rhetoric. This is a deliberate tactic by the BNP and should not be given credence in my view.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Fair point - but I think politicians with views like this deserve to be marginalised and not given mainstream coverage. Many local papers - like The Northern echo - have taken the stance that they will not publish BNP stories and are brave enough to say "You're not welcome in our community."

The BNP deliberately targets certain communities because of their predominant white working class demographics and perceived underlying racial tensions (Hastings) and use their ghastly rhetoric - published in stories like this - to play on people's fears. They gain misguided support from people who are unable to make a rational and unbiased appraisal of the rhetoric. This is a deliberate tactic by the BNP and should not be given credence in my view.

Our front page last week was Griffin's face accompanied by the headline 'You're not welcome'...

Jan 30, 2008

well their not going to get support going into total ethnic areas come on its not rocket science

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It's a very difficult one, the BNP on the whole 'oxygen of publicity' thing. If you're not careful it can appear that there's some sort of liberal elite orthodoxy that say "freedom of speech - as long as it's acceptable to us, and if it isn't then actually you can't have it".

Where do you draw the line? I think the Hastings paper has done this pretty well overall, because on balance I reckon you have to let the BNP have their say but then fully expose them for the racist inadequates that they are. But you have to make sure you do that, and not leave potentially very damaging statements go unchallenged.

If I was black or Asian, I might feel differently but they ought to be confident enought that there are plenty of non-racist people out there.

I think people like Gaunt are the real scum, he whips up racial hatred and prejudice but is clever enough to stop just short of what Griffin says, having already lit the blue touchpaper among his chavvy yob listeners.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
There is a question of free speech but frankly Hitler ruined it for the Fascists. No-one will ever trust those fascists again!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I was at uni with his daughter. She is ugly as sin.

Ahhhh but did you see that documentary a few years back following Mark Collett (think that was his name) at the time leader of the BNP youth party. His sister was fit as!

Honestly, hasn't everything that needs to be said on the BNP been said already? Quite allot of you don't like them a few do. There argument over!

Jan 30, 2008
Ahhhh but did you see that documentary a few years back following Mark Collett (think that was his name) at the time leader of the BNP youth party. His sister was fit as!

Honestly, hasn't everything that needs to be said on the BNP been said already? Quite allot of you don't like them a few do. There argument over!
spot on i think

So you believe that a bunch of power hungry, homophobic racists should be left in peace to go about their business without being discussed or questioned? OK.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I think it's a play on words. As in he's not welcome by some people and he doesn't welcome certain people (mainly those that don't look like him).

Les, no one else looks like that bolly eyed mingepiece, although I suspect that Der Retch might.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
So you believe that a bunch of power hungry, homophobic racists should be left in peace to go about their business without being discussed or questioned? OK.

But it's not being discussed is it?

The vast majority are making statements like yours (power hungry, homophobic racists etc) and a certain few are disagreeing with you.

I bet if you do a search on the BNP you'll find hundreds of other threads EXACTLY the same.

Can't we just get back to moaning about Wilkins or discussing where some of you are going on holiday?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here