Carlton Cole

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
How on earth can somebody spend 80k a week

Well, us mortals can't but then taking half off for tax (ish), it probably includes things like :

5k- massive mortgage for the Essex pad (plus maybe second/third homes too)
3k daft collection of cars (which is constantly changing and thus losing a packet on every time)
2k house full of every top-of-the-range gadget you can think of (100k pa)
2k designer labels for every item of clothing
2k WAG spending all day shopping
2k Hangers-on sponging off him and pretending to be his bets mates
2k very expensive holidays
5k gambling habit (perhaps)
5k - pension contributions

....soon starts to look more doable I guess. Bit like the old George Best quote perhaps.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Well, us mortals can't but then taking half off for tax (ish), it probably includes things like :

3k daft collection of cars (which is constantly changing and thus losing a packet on every time)

....soon starts to look more doable I guess. Bit like the old George Best quote perhaps.

I get your point but all that still "only" adds up to £28k.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Nick named “can’t control” at West Ham. Didn’t realise they were referring to his finances!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

only getting to £28k with that extravengance shows how challenging it is. you have to be deliberatly wastful to get through that sort of cash.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Frittered the rest away [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

:lolol:

Just did a quick check. £80k a week AFTER tax is £184,631 a month (that's on current tax codes / rates before some pedant pipes up).

There's no excuse for being able to blow that kind of money. It's insane.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It’s not just what they spend, it’s how they are advised to invest their money, sometimes which can be more beneficial to the adviser than the investor.....

And don’t forget any gambling

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014

Just did a quick check. £80k a week AFTER tax is £184,631 a month (that's on current tax codes / rates before some pedant pipes up).

Plus there's additional goal bonuses, signing on fee's, appearance fees et cetera on top. Genuinely hard to fathom where it could have gone too, but it happens regularly. Emmanuel Eboue was another one recently.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Can’t go into detail for obvious reasons but I’ve worked in two banks where we had quite a few footballers (PL) and other celebs. It’s quite staggering how they can get through cash. Nothing compared to Middle Eastern royalty though [emoji15][emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
"Unfortunately, I didn’t realise what was going on until my career was in the latter years and too late for me to turn things around. I may have been a West Ham legend on the pitch but my ability off the pitch to manage my money was anything but legendary"

Ok Carlton. Course you were son , course you were

What a ****ing archerehole. Seriously. (the player I mean, not you, my lovely) :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think that may have been a bit of crodo artistic licence although I've not checked......

Is Crodo becoming the new Enrest??? If so, I know just what to do....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
To be honest, I'm surprised we don't see a lot more of this. There was a report some years back about NFL players, and the number was "78% of NFL players are bankrupt or in financial distress within 2 years of retirement."

Sadly, young men, being paid absolute fortunes doesn't mix well. The ignorance of youth, believing that this money will continue to stream in forever never seems to leave them until it's too late. I guess they surround themselves with people who advise them badly, or are simply "mates" who just encourage them to keep spending. Once to have the taste for being the "big dog" in every bar, restaurant, shop, car showroom etc it seems impossible to shift.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports