Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Carlos Baleba SINGS a 5-year deal

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
When our eldest was born, we tuned in regularly to 'Child of Our Time' to have Dr Robert Winston explain the stages of progress in infancy and I remember them doing a kind of version of the 'Marshmallow Experiment' that showed that delayed gratification comes with age. They offered toddlers one sweet now or more sweets later and showed that they had to reach a certain developmental stage before they understood the time pay off and stopped taking the one sweet for instant gratification.

I understand that any predictive value of the orginal experiment has since been debunked, but in football terms, it seems that those players like Evan Ferguson, who are planning the steady progress of a long term career, will be the ones more likely to end up with us instead of in the reserves at one of the monied clubs. Obviously this narrows our field of options, but it seems to me that those who have the maturity to understand the advantages of the route we offer, are probably the ones best suited to our ethos. It's obviously not an exact science, but perhaps a bit of self elimination saves us from some problems in the long term.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
We need to establish a disinformation campaign on NSC by starting threads on non-existent players to throw off other clubs.

Balboa Mac Dolinga - £30m rated CDM from Bayern Schnitmittenz in the third tier of German Football, for example.

Knock up a few Wikipedia pages and create some smoke and mirrors.
I favour the little known Zambian destroyer, Precious Undertheradar, currently plying his trade in the South African second tier.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We need to establish a disinformation campaign on NSC by starting threads on non-existent players to throw off other clubs.

Balboa Mac Dolinga - £30m rated CDM from Bayern Schnitmittenz in the third tier of German Football, for example.

Knock up a few Wikipedia pages and create some smoke and mirrors.
Just Googled him and he wouldn’t pass the no dickheads’ policy. Drink driving, assault on a woman in a nightclub, homophobic posts on social media and born to Crystal Palace supporting parents.
Can play right back though.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Sounds like we are in hard for him, improved offer expected today. Not a great deal of Liverpool noise.

Lawros Lip

Sep 16, 2020

I wonder how they managed to unearth this gem.
I thought it was unlikely to be the case when Barber said last year that ‘Chelsea and Brighton wouldn’t be fishing in the same pond’.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I thought it was unlikely to be the case when Barber said last year that ‘Chelsea and Brighton wouldn’t be fishing in the same pond’.
Yup. Since Saturday the three players with been most strongly linked with:

Gourna Douath: linked to most good teams in Europe.
Baleba: strongly linked to Liverpool.
Barco: City supposedly bid.

That's not a different pond.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Guardian are saying that the reports Liverpool are in for him are wrong:

[Brighton] are now expected to move quickly to conclude a deal amid reported interest from other clubs in the Premier League. Liverpool are not believed to be one of those despite reports they could be interested after missing out on Caicedo.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Guardian are saying that the reports Liverpool are in for him are wrong:
Ed Aarons report in the Guardian confirming that >>

"Brighton are preparing a new offer for Lille’s Carlos Baleba after identifying the Cameroon midfielder as their primary target to replace Moisés Caicedo.
An initial bid of £14.5m plus £2.5m in bonuses was rejected earlier this week by Lille, who signed Baleba from École de Football des Brasseries du Cameroun in January 2022. The French club are believed to value the 19-year-old closer to £30m after some impressive performances in Ligue 1 under manager Paulo Fonseca.

Brighton are understood to have tracked Baleba for some time and view him as the ideal replacement for Caicedo following his British record £115m move to Chelsea. They are now expected to move quickly to conclude a deal amid reported interest from other clubs in the Premier League. Liverpool are not believed to be one of those despite reports they could be interested after missing out on Caicedo."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here