Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Carlos Baleba SINGS a 5-year deal

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He might have a contact at the club, he seems to have them everywhere else. Do you know every employee that might have this information well enough to know they wouldn't work with Fab or gossip about it to soneone else who would? Besides he'll know who we've approached from his contacts at the players respective clubs and their agents. If we have had serious discussions with/about three different players to replace Caicedo it's reasonable enough to presume they're our list. I dislike many aspects of how Romano operates but it's silly to pretend he isn't generally reliable.
His contacts are the agents. Nobody at Brighton would leak info, if they wanted to keep their job. Several groundsmen were sacked for leaking team news a few years ago.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Now in the Argus that we are interested… better than Bissouma when we bought him from the same club apparently. So not first team ready?

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Liverpool’s recruitment department might be tempted to hijack Brighton’s proposed purchase of Carlos Baleba from Lille for the thick end of £14m. The Cameroonian central midfielder is only 19 and has just 20 senior appearances under his belt but beating Brighton to his signature now would prevent Liverpool being gazumped by Chelsea when Brighton decide to move him on for £120m in January.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Liverpool’s recruitment department might be tempted to hijack Brighton’s proposed purchase of Carlos Baleba from Lille for the thick end of £14m. The Cameroonian central midfielder is only 19 and has just 20 senior appearances under his belt but beating Brighton to his signature now would prevent Liverpool being gazumped by Chelsea when Brighton decide to move him on for £120m in January.

Liverpool you say? :lolol:

Am I going to get a ban?

Attachments

• beef9a7e-e2f3-483c-8fae-6b82eb84f1d5.jpeg
    beef9a7e-e2f3-483c-8fae-6b82eb84f1d5.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 204

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

No evidence of this just 2+2 at this point as pool have scouted him.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Well of course he was, he's paid by the agents to put their information out there. Most journalists are paid by the readers of the news, by subscribers, but his content is free. So he'll be being paid by those that want the news out there, the agents or the clubs. No doubt we could avail ourselves of his services if we choose, maybe we already have?
Some of his content is free but he also sells subscriptions to his email briefing working with the email platform; Substack. He also presumably earns ££ as part of the Twitter creator programme - which pays out a % of advertising revenue. PS: Clubs and Agents pay him ? Really ? Sure about that. ?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Some of his content is free but he also sells subscriptions to his email briefing working with the email platform; Substack. He also presumably earns ££ as part of the Twitter creator programme - which pays out a % of advertising revenue. PS: Clubs and Agents pay him ? Really ? Sure about that. ?
Well, if you were Fab and agents wanted you to publish all their inside info to help earn them a few extra million, you'd want a cut, no?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Reported on the Zeqiri thread that Lille are keen (on Zeqiri) but might need to sell a player first....
This is where we leak to Romano (sorry to name him again) that Zeqiri would prefer Lille, but Southampton are looking to get the deal in the next day or two.

mike1901

May 12, 2017
Feel we need to get this Baleba deal over the line quickly, and another midfielder. We’ve lost two of the top ten midfielders in the prem , two of the best in Europe. RDZ said we need to replace Caicedo with a very very good player. I feel and many others do to with our extra games we need two more midfielders. If we miss out again like we have in the past , I feel sadly RDZ, will definitely walk at the end of the season.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Feel we need to get this Baleba deal over the line quickly, and another midfielder. We’ve lost two of the top ten midfielders in the prem , two of the best in Europe. RDZ said we need to replace Caicedo with a very very good player. I feel and many others do to with our extra games we need two more midfielders. If we miss out again like we have in the past , I feel sadly RDZ, will definitely walk at the end of the season.
Again ? Miss out ? We've signed Igor, Dahoud, Milner, Mazilu, Pedro, Verbruggen and spent tens of millions to strengthen his squad this summer - presumably with RDZ blessing. And I doubt he thinks the club will be rushed or pushed into paying more for players than they think they are worth or want - as RDZ has stated publicly - to continue to chase players who don't want to come here. This idea that this is all a bit of a surprise to him is a bit of a stretch.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Fairy confident people might be shocked at the incomings. Suspect we are going to strike whilst the iron is hot (huge profile, European football, ££).
This one clearly has legs, ESPN Argentina saying we are close to singing a Boca LB...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here