Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Carlos Alcaraz

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
southampton midfielder, been one of their better players since he joined in january, getting four goals and an assist

joined saints for €13 and a bit million, so we’d probably be looking towards the
€20M end of the spectrum

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So they’re expecting an Escape from Alcaraz

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Alcaraz - Walker-Peters, Ward-Prowse .................... I don't think that's what meant by us becoming the new Southampton! Anyway, as far as Alcaraz is concerned, even if we're interested, why would we pay a relegated team almost twice what they paid for him half a season ago?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Alcaraz - Walker-Peters, Ward-Prowse .................... I don't think that's what meant by us becoming the new Southampton! Anyway, as far as Alcaraz is concerned, even if we're interested, why would we pay a relegated team almost twice what they paid for him half a season ago?
Surely as Brighton fans we can’t really ask that question with a a straight? I appreciate we’ve not been relegated but we do like to put an obscene premium on our players regardless of how long they’ve been at the club.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Benfica and Milan also saying "here kitty, kitty, kitty"...

However, El Brighton will not have it easy to be able to close the transfer of the Argentine, with Benfica and Milan as more than potential competitors to take the cat to the water.​

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Surely as Brighton fans we can’t really ask that question with a a straight? I appreciate we’ve not been relegated but we do like to put an obscene premium on our players regardless of how long they’ve been at the club.
Yes, buy cheap(ish), sell high - that's our policy, is it not?

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Yes, buy cheap(ish), sell high - that's our policy, is it not?
Yes. But surely said player has to actually have made an impact and been there more than 5 minutes I have no real idea of who this guy is so he’s hardly stood out has he. I’m not sure it works when the team is relegated with a bit of a whimper with 3 games to go? I’m not saying relegation = sell cheap but it can’t mean 40% mark up either.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
Actually read that back - it’s insane, the business model is ridiculous. Not you, but the fact this is potentially the case.

yeah i agree, it is a bit mental. But then again he’s just signed the contract and will probably play very well in the championship, so they probably feel they have a remit to push for a bit extra, given we’ve just forked out £30M for a player who has actually proven themselves in the championship.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes. But surely said player has to actually have made an impact and been there more than 5 minutes I have no real idea of who this guy is so he’s hardly stood out has he. I’m not sure it works when the team is relegated with a bit of a whimper with 3 games to go? I’m not saying relegation = sell cheap but it can’t mean 40% mark up either.
13M euros to 20M pounds is a fair bit more than 40% too!

(and how the heck do you type the euro sign? - I can see it on the $ and 4 buttonkey, but no idea how to get at it!)

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018

(and how the heck do you type the euro sign? - I can see it on the $ and 4 buttonkey, but no idea how to get at it!)
never mentioned pounds. and it’s alt+0128 with the num lock on i think.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
never mentioned pounds. and it’s alt+0128 with the num lock on i think.
So you didn't - apologies. Still more than 40% though! € ........... yes, that works, thanks. Still puzzled as to how t access it via the key on the keyboard on which it appears though.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

We aren't allowed to type the Euro symbol now we've left the EU.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here