Carlisle fans attack Leeds players

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Maybe I'm just the cynical sort but it sounds like mountain out of a molehill stuff. A few over exuberent carlisle fans giving a commiseratory pat on the back to leeds players (with a bit too much force because of their excitement) and the players, due to the mass of fans around them take it the wrong way. All gets blown out of proportion.

Jul 25, 2006
Grayson - "It is our current intention to make a formal complaint to the football authorities about the apparent lack of security arrangements"

I hope the football authorities will point them in the direction of this and tell them to jog on

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I watched the game (and an enjoyable game it was too) and didn't see from the TV pictures anything untoward. In fact the Leeds players seemed to amble off the pitch in no hurry what so ever which surprised me.

What also surprised me was the choice of end for the penalties. (How is this decided? Toss of a coin? Police? Ref?). Behind one end was an empty terrace with just the TV gantry, behind the other was Carlisle's main terrace full of their fans. Surely taking the pens at this end gives Carlisle an unfair advantage?

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Also heard that Carlisle fans were shining lasers into eyes of Leeds penalty takers. Although funny how they didn't complian to the ref at the time.

Monkster

Ragamuffin
Jul 7, 2003
The Token Carlisle United Fan
What also surprised me was the choice of end for the penalties. (How is this decided? Toss of a coin? Police? Ref?). Behind one end was an empty terrace with just the TV gantry, behind the other was Carlisle's main terrace full of their fans. Surely taking the pens at this end gives Carlisle an unfair advantage?

We won the toss at the end of normal time....:)

Huple

Unregistered
May 28, 2008
Standish Sanatarium
Maybe I'm just the cynical sort but it sounds like mountain out of a molehill stuff. A few over exuberent carlisle fans giving a commiseratory pat on the back to leeds players (with a bit too much force because of their excitement) and the players, due to the mass of fans around them take it the wrong way. All gets blown out of proportion.

A pat on the back bloody well hurts when you`ve lost.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports