Cardiff parked the bus........

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Credit to Cardiff - not pretty, but that is what we are going to have to deal with. Bit of disrespect starting with the two young lads. I thought we learnt that we need width. Still, almost worked.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Bus parked well and truly.

Attachments

• IMG_0927.jpg
    IMG_0927.jpg
    356.8 KB · Views: 44

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
The made West Ham looked positively flair. Cynical and dirty. I'd much rather take our chances in this league playing our way.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I thought they were one of the poorest side we have played this season at home. Cynical, constant time wasting. Bit of luck we should have stuffed them. Their 2nd was a misshit, looked good but didn't go were he meant it. Definately two points.dropped, bit of luck and Barnes could have had a hattrick

Absolutely spot on - and glad you noticed the blatant misshit fluke they got for that 2nd too! Cannot believe that a team who have been in the play offs all yr and who, when i've seen them on TV, play good football set out like that. It was a bit embarrassing. Massive, massive respect for us there. How a team that played such negative football scored two is bad for football. Time wasting was a complete joke and the ref completely lost it by not flashing the yellow a few times - let them get away with murder. The keeper must've had the ball in his hands on average for 10 seconds each time too :shrug:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Cheers for the link, TLB.

I thought your team came looking for a point, gave an object lesson on how to defend and given the fact you took your chances despite not playing expansively, you deserved your point. I suspect you've played a lot worse than you did last night. Indeed, we certainly did last Saturday.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Cheers for the link, TLB.

I thought your team came looking for a point, gave an object lesson on how to defend and given the fact you took your chances despite not playing expansively, you deserved your point. I suspect you've played a lot worse than you did last night. Indeed, we certainly did last Saturday.

We haven't played well for weeks (except the Carling Cup final). I think last night was an attempt to stop the rot more than anything else. Another defeat would have been a disaster. We'd lost four games all season before reaching the CC final. Then we lost four in six before our visit to Brighton.

Our team is a looking a shadow of the one that was playing so well a couple of months ago, but hopefully a point last night will start a recovery. Bristol away on Saturday. A failure to win there will suggest the game is up this season.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
A good, sensible thread. Nice to see.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Cardiff looked better than expected (against Liverpool they seemed to play par, not better than usual). Highly competent rather than good, but that is what the Championship is all about: all the flair players (age 24+) go to the Premier if we don't get promoted.They did not deserve a win at the Amex though. I think Reading are a better team though. Whittingham's goal was a present. I could not have missed that with the ball bouncing just right.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Don't be so ridiculous.

It didn't look like a mishit at the time. I am not sure where they got that idea from. Whittingham is some player.

Side on, yes it does look a good goal - Where I stand I was directly in line with his foot and the ball and if he had struck the ball where he intended to it would have gone towards the centre/right hand side of the goal and not the top left hand corner

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Side on, yes it does look a good goal - Where I stand I was directly in line with his foot and the ball and if he had struck the ball where he intended to it would have gone towards the centre/right hand side of the goal and not the top left hand corner

You may be right, most players in that position just concentrate on making a decent connection and keeping it down.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The fact is, if one of our players* had CREAMED IT into the corner from that position, everyone would be gushing about it. Defensively we didn't close him down quickly enough, but there was still plenty for Whittingham to do. I think you just have to acknowledge it was a great shot.

*Unless it had been Ashley Barnes of course, in which case it would have been a complete fluke and the only thing of note he did all game.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
You may be right, most players in that position just concentrate on making a decent connection and keeping it down.

Whittingham is not like most players. He has extraordinary technical ability by Championship standards, as evidenced by some of the amazing goals he scores.

I was right in line with his goal last night. It was a beauty and you only need to look at his body shape on the video I linked to see that he meant it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

It didn't look like a mishit at the time. I am not sure where they got that idea from. Whittingham is some player.

Gotta go with Gazwag on this one - WSU at North end you can see the ball slices to the left about 4 feet. Didn't mean to put it there and was fortunate in a way but hey it doesn't really matter. Cardiff's keeper does brilliantly to foil CMS in that first shot doesn't he...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports