Cardiff move in for Noone

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
hope not. He has become one of my favourite players. A true professional who seems very passionate about the game and always gives his all

Agree with this. Cannot see why he would move on at the moment. Cannot see Gus selling him either. We are not in the position to attract viable alternatives yet. There are plenty of teams with more money and a higher league position. Although that should change next season.

Just read the post above. 400K, you are having a laugh.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Perhaps we should put in a bid for Whittingham?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He's very good BUT if we're flying a flag to get him up to £1m or £2m it then gets interesting as to where you put him with Kaz & Buckley as all 3 ain't gonna start...I'd say the 3 we're our best players unfortunately in similar positions...think 3 great, similar goalkeepers, you'd move one on, wouldn't you??

Analogy doesn't work - 3 keepers leaves 2 spares. 3 wingers can mean 2 starting, plus an impact sub.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
£400,000 is laughable. We throw that away nearly every game bcause we're too lazy to sell more pies :jester:

He's been our best player this season, mabybe at £1.5 mill I would start to think about taking the money, and only then because we have KLL and Buckley in our squad.

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
£400k? Really?

I'm assuming Cardiff are thinking we're heading for administration and are having some kind of fire sale.

PriapismBoy

Apr 18, 2011
Durrington
£400,000 is laughable. We throw that away nearly every game bcause we're too lazy to sell more pies :jester:

He's been our best player this season, mabybe at £1.5 mill I would start to think about taking the money, and only then because we have KLL and Buckley in our squad.

It wouldn't think about accepting 1.5 mill, KLL is good but on and off and Buckley seem to get injured all the time. If the club is really thinking about getting us to the PL we need to keep hold of our best players

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
500,000 that's insulting

why is it though? It's £200k more than we paid for him. He has been off form in recent weeks, and doesnt go round players nearly as easily as Buckley or LuaLua.

I am no means saying Noone is rubbish, but I dont understand how a year later after paying £300k for someone, fans are suddenly thinking we have £1million+ player

How much did we pay for LuaLua, as good if not better than Noone?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

£1.5m? No chance I'd be surprised if we got any more than £750k plus add on's.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
why is it though? It's £200k more than we paid for him. He has been off form in recent weeks, and doesnt go round players nearly as easily as Buckley or LuaLua.

I am no means saying Noone is rubbish, but I dont understand how a year later after paying £300k for someone, fans are suddenly thinking we have £1million+ player

At £300k we ripped off Plymouth! He has been running rings around Championship full backs all season, that's why Cardiff are interested.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
what a cheeky bid - 500k!!!

He's proven at champ level now and is more than young enough to improve beyond anything we have at brighton - 500k!!!!!! Fking liberty - Thats the craziest offer ive ever seen.

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009

Noone has come on in leaps and bounds in the past year and even if his form in the past month or two has been a bit indifferent, surely he's still worth more now than he was this time last year. In the main, he's played very well at a higher level and caused countless problems for opposing teams.

Also, given Plymouth's financial predicament last year, could it also be that we got hold of a player for £300k that should have actually cost us much more had Plymouth not been in so much trouble?

Like you, I don't think Noone is worth a fortune, but £400k is a ridiculously low offer in my opinion.

We could put in a bid or 3 million for Lionel Messi - that would be as tangible.

Ken Brown isn't commenting on transfer speculation. Tjhat must mean it's true! .....er.....or that he doesn't want to spend the next month addressing every ridiculour newspaper who needs a few lines to fill their columns, no matter how bizarre and outlandish they may be.
Every club wants to buy every other club's best players - that's it in a nutshell and I can ignore the rest of the transfer period, just noting when the club announce a new signing or sale.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports