Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Always going to be tough against a club in Cardiff's position. We all knew they were likely to park it and did. Boys done well and could have nicked it near the end. Hey Ho. Onwards and upwards. C C C siders.

:thumbsup:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Against the team second from bottom! A point on average against such teams will not be enough for top 2.

When we were second bottom I am almost certain top teams would have taken a point at the Amex. We do not have a right to three points at clubs that have Championship pedigree. And anyone that thinks otherwise really do not understand the Championship or football in general. Tricky away game that we have got a point from. We are still on track for our two points per game. The literal meltdown from some bedwetters on this thread today made me have to check where we are in the league. But, please, you are your own person, feel free to carry on.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
It's an oversimplification but in general terms winning at home and drawing away is going to see you very close to promotion at the end of the season. We've not lost in a fair old while now and gained ground on our immediate challengers this weekend. Given that you can't win them all I'm happy enough with this. It's a damn sight better than last season's Cardiff match anyway.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Haven't checked the table, but i think you'll find it is :p
No, it isn't. Before today we averaged 2.3 points away from home against teams outside the top few. That's what's put us in a good position. That's 8 points more than 1 point a game. If we had only got a point in those away games, we'd be on the same points as Birmingham and Shefwedlol would be above us.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It's an oversimplification but in general terms winning at home and drawing away is going to see you very close to promotion at the end of the season. We've not lost in a fair old while now and gained ground on our immediate challengers this weekend. Given that you can't win them all I'm happy enough with this. It's a damn sight better than last season's Cardiff match anyway.

I believe, excluding play off, we have lost once away since our 4-1 drubbing v Cardiff in January, and yet, still yet, people on here moan like buggery. You seriously could not make it up.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I believe, excluding play off, we have lost once away since our 4-1 drubbing v Cardiff in January, and yet, still yet, people on here moan like buggery. You seriously could not make it up.

Apart from the wind up merchants, some people are only happy when they're moaning.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
No, it isn't. Before today we averaged 2.3 points away from home against teams outside the top few. That's what's put us in a good position. That's 8 points more than 1 point a game. If we had only got a point in those away games, we'd be on the same points as Birmingham and Shefwedlol would be above us.

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics. (And if you want to use statistics, it's traditional to be a bit more precise than 'top few') :p

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Norwich have recovered their GD from when we showed them who they thought we were.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Good point. Think our last 3 games have bee pretty rubbish. Obvious out of form.

Major concern is Derby. They are 5 wins on the bounce and keeping clean sheets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here