Cardiff City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Given Wilson situation the need for a striker is even more of a priority

We all seem to know that but does the club? Hopefully, they are working hard on getting a new loan signing in soon.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Came off against Hull so precaution ahead of Tuesday I guess. Massive loss, lets hope Sidwell can step up.

Excited to see Jiri start, eager to see what he can bring to the table. At least we know he must be doing well in training as Manu didn't get a sniff this early into his career with us, let alone a start.

Strange about Murphy too - he definitely seems to have a good stamina and fitness about him. I'm sure CH knows best.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Only five more years for Bruno? http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/142..._football_when_I_hang_up_my_boots/?ref=twtrec

Bruno said. “I don’t think about my age, I just try to enjoy every day. Especially when you are my age you cannot think any further.

“Age is just a number. There are a few examples of top players at a high level playing into their 40’s. It’s how you feel, that is more important.”

OLDEST/YOUNGEST PLAYERS:

Kelvin Davis is the oldest player to appear in the Premier League this season - he was 39 years and 17 days old when he played for Southampton against Leicester on October 17.

The oldest outfield player is Bournemouth's Sylvain Distin, who was 37 years 319 days old when he played at the weekend against Southampton.

The youngest player to appear was Reece Oxford for West Ham, who was 16 years and 236 days old when he started in their opening-day victory over Arsenal. No other player under the age of 18 has featured this season.

Read more: http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport...ost-time-on-the-bench-1-7551866#ixzz40i4f6J00

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I like Wurzel. There I've said it..

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Whoever they were due to play is in.the cup I imagine

Indeed they were due to play reading who have got west brom

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
According to Ian Hollowhead, the Championship is a war of attrition.
So come on lads helmets on , bunker down and shoot to win :O

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Odd line up to me but let's see how they play.

Surprised at Murphy being left out but perhaps he plays better at home than away.

Kayal has had a niggle for some time and perhaps a rest when we are otherwise at full midfield strength is wise. Anyone else would have been rested by now I think.

Also surprised that Hemed is not starting as he seems to be hitting form.

I guess though they are all benched and ready to come on if need be.

LuaLua is not good enough for the bench right now.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Strongest bench I can remember this. Let's hope the starting eleven can do it though.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
According to Ian Hollowhead, the Championship is a war of attrition.
So come on lads helmets on , bunker down and shoot to win :O

Bring on the

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ BANG!
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Murphy has done a hell of a lot of running this past month or two. Good to keep him fresh for Tuesday if Skalak doesn't win his place today. Not a line-up that screams of adventure and heading for victory, but changes can, and will, be made on the hour mark if we need a goal or need to hang on in there. I feel almightily anxious, but i have faith underneath that layer of fear that once the game starts we'll put in a good innings. My main fear is over Crofts affecting the fluency of our play on the break. I hope he is ready to mix his battling side with a quickness of thought and action that we need.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports