Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Only 2 attacking players starting so we won't score tonight then. Norwich fans did warn us about Hughton's negative tactics.
We've scored plenty of goals since Hughton took over - 10 in 6 I make it. It's the 9 we've conceded that's the problem!

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Can't comment on the tactics until game is actually underway, but unless he is injured or ill I'm apprised surprised Holla is out. He can be a little ponderous but he is easily our best long passer.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Have the announced the crowd changes yet?

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Guessing you didn't see Kayal on Saturday then? He had about 6 touches, of which one was a goal, one should've been a goal bar a great goal line clearance, and one a SUBLIME first touch that no one in our current squad would be capable of. Bruno and Calde are hardly defensive players either?!

That did surprise me as from what I saw of him at Celtic he was more of a defensive midfielder. Hopefully Hughton will play him further forward.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Thought Danny Holla has been one of our better players recently.

Astounded he isn't even in the 18.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I can understand the thinking but just hope it doesn't invite pressure onto us. I would have liked to see some pace in the side but with Lua Lua not 100% and March injured Hughton doesn't really have any options.

Lack of transfer activity in attacking positions is haunting us - amen for the loan window shortly. KLL on a tiring defence has undone teams late in games in the past, think including the last game at Cardiff included. Our main issue is Marshall in goal, he was immense for them at the Amex.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bit surprised to see COG dropped too - can't be too pleased about moving south again if this is a sign of things to come.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Guessing you didn't see Kayal on Saturday then? He had about 6 touches, of which one was a goal, one should've been a goal bar a great goal line clearance, and one a SUBLIME first touch that no one in our current squad would be capable of. Bruno and Calde are hardly defensive players either?!

having watched the video's from Celtic and the seven minutes he had on Saturday, he will undoubtedly become a bit of a hero, not an easy player to get the ball off something we have missed for several seasons

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Wish I hadn't bothered tonight, can't believe Greer hasn't been dropped. We'll concede at least 2 I reckon and Best really hasn't inspired me at all. Dry game in front of goal beckons methinks. Lets hope Millwall lose, eh?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Bit surprised to see COG dropped too - can't be too pleased about moving south again if this is a sign of things to come.

O'Gravy is on the bench , he may get some minutes in the 2nd half.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Kayal only 25/1 to be first goal scorer.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
is player on? I can see changing sound levels on the volume mixer in Windows but hear nothing from Player - other sounds (system/media player etc) working OK.

edit: nvm, got it now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here