Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Just can't get over this. I remember feeling pleased when Gus was appointed and thinking "this could be interesting". I had no idea just how interesting it would get. The man is just immense. He has such faith in his own ability and apparently the presence to invigorate everybody around him. I cannot remember ever feeling as excited following the team in 30 years.

TexasGull

Aug 13, 2011
Houston
Thank you, Albion Supporters!

First, thanks to the great fans who provided commentary to the match on this thread today. I couldn't see or hear the game from the USA, but somehow I think I enjoyed it more just following along here -- it was like watching a game with friends. And it sounds like the radio commentator was a douchenozzle anyway.

Second, congratulations to all the Albion supporters who have survived the turmoil into what we all hope will be a new era for Brighton football. The new park looks perfect, the new(ish) coach seems like an absolute genius, and the support is no doubt inspiring.

I was introduced to the Gulls through an ex-pat here in Houston in 2000, the year Zamora signed. I have no idea how your hearts have survived what's happened just in the 11 years I've been following from abroad. Buckle yourselves in and take your blood pressure pills -- this looks like it will be yet another Thrill-ride By The Seaside.

UP!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Bit different from a few seasons ago when it was just you and me and a couple of others on here.

I know lots of the posters on here I have never heard of but still its all good for the support
super win

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Just read through this after getting back from the game........took about 40 minutes to read :lolol:

I didn't go to Charlton or Peterborough last year, but this must have been similar. One last thing, moving to their new stadium has killed the atmosphere at Cardiff, we're so lucky to have a rocking AMEX!!!!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

TexasGull

Aug 13, 2011
Houston
I know lots of the posters on here I have never heard of but still its all good for the support
super win

I used to post a bit at the Official Site, before it went paywall. Before the season, I went over to see there to see what was going on, and I could almost hear the tumbleweeds rolling through that ghost town.

NorthLainer

Aug 12, 2011
Now available in Hove
Good on ya, TexasGull. Currently in NYC and struggling to find any Yanks interested in the Championship. Good to know there is at least one citizen here who understands that football in England consists of more then the 20 clubs in the PL! Just met a couple on honeymoon in the US, who are Swans fans and they are loving us tonight...

Can't wait to get back to Brighton for Saturday's match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here