Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff City vs Brighton And Hove Albion ****Official Match Thread****

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Just got in & still can't quite believe the result tonight. Fantastic scenes.

UTA! :)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Objectively, a great result, superb performance by PIG, but not a great performance. But its about results and most of this season we have dominated games and had forwards miss chances, and we have drawn. Vicente must start to earn his wages, both home and away. If he is as good as Gotsmanov or Lawrenson then its time he bloody well proves it, and wins game after game for us. Great result, but its all in the balance, nothing to celebrate yet and why on earth we have given Palace yet another forward to help their promotion push just defies belief.

Do you find it hard to enjoy an away win against the league leaders, so still need to resort to having a moan about something?

Bloody hell, cheer up grumpy!! :thumbsup:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Objectively, a great result, superb performance by PIG, but not a great performance. But its about results and most of this season we have dominated games and had forwards miss chances, and we have drawn. Vicente must start to earn his wages, both home and away. If he is as good as Gotsmanov or Lawrenson then its time he bloody well proves it, and wins game after game for us. Great result, but its all in the balance, nothing to celebrate yet and why on earth we have given Palace yet another forward to help their promotion push just defies belief.

As Elliott Bennett would have said, "bore off".

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
For those (like me) that missed them first time round.....goals just coming up on SSN

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I started tonight thinking we'd snatch a draw so am massively pleased we got three points away. Excellent work.

Couple of points from tonight though:

Hammond was largely woeful, with a couple of great moments. Ulloa looks to be quality but he looks for the foul far too much. Would like to see him standing his ground as he's big and doesn't need to go down so easily.

Still, can't complain. Let's back it up with another three points on Saturday!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Ulloa looks to be quality but he looks for the foul far too much. Would like to see him standing his ground as he's big and doesn't need to go down so easily.

*sweeping generalisation alert*

He's South American, what do you expect :lolol:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Gotsmanov scored 4 goals in 16 games. Wow, a true Albion legend.

Sarcasm aside, I loved Gotsmanov but he didn't have the effect you seem to think he did. For the last time, Gotsmanov was nowhere near the player Vicente is.

Lawrenson and Wardy (why do you never mention him I wonder?) were class as was the later Zamora. However all players move on from a club like ours if they are too good we can't hang on to them. Sometimes players go to rivals. Please stop banging on about it and try to enjoy the win for a change.

And btw the radio commentators (radio five) were quite complimentary about our win.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Can we not get over Murray going? Last season he scored 6 goals. Not everything goes right 100% of the time, but the nigh on constant moaning about Gus letting Murray go has become petty and boring.

Let's celebrate how well we are doing, maybe? Or is that putting my head in the sand?

Had Murray scored the goals he scored for palace last season for us we would have quite happily waved goodbye to him.
Let's not forget that Murray had a very strained relationship with Albion fans during the withdean days.I remember a game against Leeds when he was returning from injury & he didn't track back so we booed him off the pitch & when he asked for a transfer claiming he was homesick.
So lets not beat around the bush our biggest beef with Murray is the fact that he went to palace.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Had Murray scored the goals he scored for palace last season for us we would have quite happily waved goodbye to him.
Let's not forget that Murray had a very strained relationship with Albion fans during the withdean days.I remember a game against Leeds when he was returning from injury & he didn't track back so we booed him off the pitch & when he asked for a transfer claiming he was homesick.
So lets not beat around the bush our biggest beef with Murray is the fact that he went to palace.

The 'strained relationship' was only with a few whinging twats in the South Stand, and in their minds, not in Murray's or the vast majority of us down Withdean.

As time went on, he was increasing loved by the Albion fans, especially in the Poyet era.

If Gus had retained him, no one would rewrite history to pretend there was always a significant problem with Murray during his entire stint with us.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Really, was he?
Apparently, yes.

So a forward who was our biggest wage earner was kept out of the side by Barnes and CMS, both of who could not hit a barn door from two paces for the last year and a half? Amazing.
Barnes and CMS have scored a lot more for us than Dobbie, and contributed more elsewhere on the pitch too. I know you're a Brighton fan, but are you able to go to matches?

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Good result tonight weeds. Well done.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I really have had a good feeling about this and today that feeling has not gone away its in my water and Meggy is curled up on the bed next to me

C'mon Albion get into them straight away and I really feel the Argie will start paying his way tonight

sorry to quote my own post but the cat never gets it wrong

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Ulloa was definitely booked.....not sure what for, he wasn't best pleased.

- - - Updated - - -

Ulloa was definitely booked.....not sure what for, he wasn't best pleased.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Extended highlights from Sky Sports

The Albion goal lead a charmed life last night, and Kuszczak defintely helped earn the points as well. :wink:

24 hours on, and i think this has to be our result of the season so far!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here