Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff carling cup prices

inthebowls

portslade bluebird
Aug 14, 2011
my point is i agree with a lot of albion fans that the amex prices are a bit steep 4a carling cup match, ok, sunderland is a bit more choice than huddersfield, but there is the million pound prize of getting the mancs away in the next round

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
So how does ticket prices give us a chance of playing Manchester City?/United? in the next round.

I would rather play them at home if we did get them, but you can 100% guarantee that Sunderland will put out a more competative team than City/United.

inthebowls

portslade bluebird
Aug 14, 2011
aving cheaper prices 4 these games also gets people who dont usually go a chance to get the football bug, which means future investment for the club, the kids around here will then were albion tops instead of the top 6 premier clubs, no offence intended, just my point of view

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
my point is i agree with a lot of albion fans that the amex prices are a bit steep 4a carling cup match, ok, sunderland is a bit more choice than huddersfield, but there is the million pound prize of getting the mancs away in the next round
Strange reasoning. Shame I've run out of negs comments to hand out. Feel free to neg me though

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Most expensive ticket for Exeter vs Liverpool - £25
Most expensive ticket for Brighton vs Sunderland - £35

Cheapest tickets Exeter v Liverpool (LEAGUE 1 v PREMIER LEAGUE) £17 - AND LIVE ON SKY SPORTS
Cheapest tickets Brighton v Sunderland £24

:shrug: wow £7

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
aving cheaper prices 4 these games also gets people who dont usually go a chance to get the football bug, which means future investment for the club, the kids around here will then were albion tops instead of the top 6 premier clubs, no offence intended, just my point of view

Surely people will be more inclined to go if its just a once off and might not mind spending £24-£35 for a one off?

Unlike others who will be spending that amount home and away all season.

How many people would be moaning if we drew Sunderland away and they were being charged £24? people would just not go if they couldnt afford to and £24 for a ticket in a 'Prem' stadium would surely be considered cheap?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

So, it's cheaper to watch Exter play than it is to watch Brighton?

I've no problem with that

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

Also if we were playing Liverpool and Exeter were playing Sunderland, the ticket prices would be exactly the same! its not like the club have raised there prices above the NORMAL price.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
You beat me to it. We are not comparing like with like on any of the examples quoted on this thread so far.

That's because we have the only game where a Championship side is home to a Premier League side.

There doesn't appear to be any slow down in ticket sales so far so looks like the club has got it right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here