Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Carabao Cup Fourth Round: Charlton - 3rd allocation of tickets

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Looks like they've set up a ticketing link to request duplicates - great, no need to queue on the phone at least. But why couldn't they have let us know about this before? The communication has been really poor.

Disagree.

Club couldn't possibly be sure of the impact until the final post had hit and clearly had this up their sleeve if the phones and web chat got swamped.
Very quickly put the option up when it was clearly going to be a shit show

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The Email says "Use Email Confirmation as Ticket

This implies I don't need a duplicate ticket doesn't it?

Or am I being dense?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Looks like they've set up a ticketing link to request duplicates - great, no need to queue on the phone at least. But why couldn't they have let us know about this before? The communication has been really poor.

That's good work. Fair play to them. If the volumes really are that high maybe we could open the ticket office a little earlier than 17.45 too?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Ideally could have communicated this option a bit earlier but doesn‘t really matter as they wouldn’t have wanted the duplicates resquested before today, so didn’t need to have the link up until this morning. Surprised they haven’t put the link on Twitter yet

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

Or am I being dense?
Probably just a hastily thrown together email response.
I'll take this to the ground and queue with everyone else

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Disagree.

Club couldn't possibly be sure of the impact until the final post had hit and clearly had this up their sleeve if the phones and web chat got swamped.
Very quickly put the option up when it was clearly going to be a shit show

It's a great solution, but I don't understand why contingency plans couldn't have been announced a bit earlier to help everyone plan ahead.

It's been obvious for a while that this whole thing was going to be a massive faff.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

Or am I being dense?
I can't see that being the case.

Email confirmation can easily be forwarded unlimited times and I bet the Charlton turnstiles will have "computer says no" setting unless they get a valid bar code.

Wasn't that DK's issue at Brentford?

For safety Charlton will need to know exactly how many are in Jimmy Seed and West Stand

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I can't see that being the case.

Email confirmation can easily be forwarded unlimited times and I bet the Charlton turnstiles will have "computer says no" setting unless they get a valid bar code.

Wasn't that DK's issue at Brentford?

For safety Charlton will need to know exactly how many are in Jimmy Seed and West Stand
Yeah - there's nothing on the email which couldn't be amended either - so yeah it's probably just a badly put together email - not fully proof read before being published.
Goes on to talk about Stadium tour stuff so probably just a hacked together version from a different template

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Got this below.

So does that mean the email with ID will suffice and no queueing needed?

Delivery Method: Use Email Confirmation as Ticket
No tickets will be sent. Please bring your email confirmation with you. For Stadium Tours please ensure that all attendees bring valid ID. Attendees without valid ID may be refused entry to the tour. Bag searches may be conducted on arrival. Please refrain from bringing large bags; you may not be permitted to take these with you on the stadium tour. All items left are done so at the owners own risk.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Does it say anywhere how late we can leave it to add ourselves to the list using that link?
I’d like to give the postman one last chance before committing to queueing.

It also says the transaction number is on the email confirmation, but it isn’t!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It's a great solution, but I don't understand why contingency plans couldn't have been announced a bit earlier to help everyone plan ahead.

It's been obvious for a while that this whole thing was going to be a massive faff.
Impossible for the club to know the full numbers impacted until today.
Probably a Barber note on the website to say " we are looking into contingencies, which will be activated tomorrow" may have steadied a few nerves.

But a decent job done by the club so far.
Of course it could still all go wrong at the ground still.....

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Personally I think the club haven't sent the tickets out. They are using the postal strike as a smokescreen to try and catch people out who are passing on tickets.

I haven't had any post for over a week so asked a mate who a postie to have a look for me this morning. He's just brought my mail round. No tickets. But my Moonpig Christmas cards that I ordered last Thursday were there and they've come from Jersey.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Got this below.

No tickets will be sent. Please bring your email confirmation with you. For Stadium Tours please ensure that all attendees bring valid ID. Attendees without valid ID may be refused entry to the tour. Bag searches may be conducted on arrival. Please refrain from bringing large bags; you may not be permitted to take these with you on the stadium tour. All items left are done so at the owners own risk.
No, I think they've put together a service quickly that's called some standard text relating to stadium tours. I'd plan to queue if I were you.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Got this below.

It certainly implies that - but as posted above there is absolutely nothing to stop people from amending the details of the email and turning up with "valid ID"

So i can't believe it will be the case,
The ticket is for duplicate printing of a ticket - you need the email confirmation to print the ticket - not entry to the ground

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here