[Travel] Car Stickers

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
For the first time I'm driving fron Spain to UK, does anyone know if I need an "ES" sticker to drive a spanish reg car in France and England?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Theoretically yes but I doubt you’d get stopped if you don’t have one, but for about 5 Euros it would be daft not to use one

I hate the big UK stickers that are the law on UK cars travelling to Europe, so I have a very small one which is apparently illegal. Three trips last year and no problems, I do have a big one in the glove box though just in case I get stopped by an English hating Gendarme :smile:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I found this

There must be some sign of what country the vehicle is registered in on the rear of the car. This can be added to the car specifically for your trip or be a part of the registration number.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I found this

There must be some sign of what country the vehicle is registered in on the rear of the car. This can be added to the car specifically for your trip or be a part of the registration number.

If you are a resident of the UK, you are not allowed to drive any car that is not registered in the UK with only a few exceptions.

That I didn’t know, I’ve done it for years in a French registered car, one of the exceptions must be if you own the car in your name surely?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
this is the purpose of the country letters on the number plate isn't it?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
$_1.jpeg
This should suffice

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
this is the purpose of the country letters on the number plate isn't it?
It was when we were in the EU, but no longer.
Our government has also changed us from GB to UK.

We bought a magnetic one for our holiday in France, and stored it when home.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

He's asking about a Spanish car Coming to UK

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

This, we also bought a small magnetic UK one for a recent road trip through France and Spain and had no problems at all. I don't understand why the smaller one would be illegal - it's a lot bigger than the EU country id on number plates???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports