[Albion] Car parking for Burnley on Saturday

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I was about to call you a bad word for getting my hopes up, but yes, the club have added hundreds of more spaces. Why do they add them so late?
I checked last night, nothing!
I could’ve stayed in bed for another hour.:rant:

You also could have been on a train with poor service.

Lawros Lip

Sep 16, 2020
Does parking always suddenly become available during the match week? Wondering if there might be any availability for Villa.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Mill lane will be full by 1pm on days like today. All adds to the Amex experience, it’s a good 8hr event these days getting to and from and match itself and another reason to Jack the ST in. I miss days when could ring a mate at 2pm and say “fancy going to the Match?” And still be there for KO.

Yep.

What the hell is going on in the Sussex uni car park? I’ve got a ticket for the Bridge for most games but the queue up Coldean Lane is getting and longer and the traffic moving slower every game. It seems to be blocked by cars queuing up to get into the uni. Do the they zap everyone’s ticket? All they’ve done at the Bridge is look at mine and wave me through.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Yep.

What the hell is going on in the Sussex uni car park? I’ve got a ticket for the Bridge for most games but the queue up Coldean Lane is getting and longer and the traffic moving slower every game. It seems to be blocked by cars queuing up to get into the uni. Do the they zap everyone’s ticket? All they’ve done at the Bridge is look at mine and wave me through.

Shambles. It is now quicker for me to drive from Burgess Hill via Lewes than nip over the Beacon and down Coldean Lane. And despite all the fuss nobody checks my Bridge pass and Reg number.

August West

Jul 30, 2013
Does parking always suddenly become available during the match week? Wondering if there might be any availability for Villa.

I think they added the Uni car park at the last minute last week because of the disruptions to the trains by engineering and the storm.

Having said that they sometimes also seem to add spaces at the Bridge at random close to the matches, it's worth checking.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Yep.

I don’t know, I’ve never used after all the car parks were quickly nicknamed ‘Colditz’ because you can’t escape. Damningly accurate it seems, inc. Bennett’s Field when we had. Amex is definitely anti-car which is fine providing the alternatives work. Enter Southern Fail…

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Shambles. It is now quicker for me to drive from Burgess Hill via Lewes than nip over the Beacon and down Coldean Lane. And despite all the fuss nobody checks my Bridge pass and Reg number.

Yep, know people do same from HH and have done for years. Doing 2 sides of triangle easier than 1 directly involving Coldean. Just needs proper traffic management. One of those Italian Policemen with a white pith helmet would do it. Sussex’s Finest would just look on gormless. They’ve had years to work with the club to improve things and yet? Get the train therefore this Saturday. Oh, you can’t, they’re not running. Watch on tele instead? Oh, the UK is the only country in the world you can’t. Maybe drive to Dover, catch ferry and watch in someone like St Omer? Alternatively, give up and go watch non league as many increasingly do if NSC is to be believed. Admittedly, I watched a superb game with nearly 3k last week. Atmosphere was brilliant, goals superbly taken and only a fiver. We then spent 10 times that on beers, food, scarves and programmes though, which proves a bum on an otherwise empty Amex seat even if the ticket was passed on “illegally” is worth considering. But think that’s been done to death and no chance club will mirror others more flexible policies.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
What the hell is going on in the Sussex uni car park?

Before covid there was a regular team checking passes for Sussex uni and would see usual faces. They knew what was what and it usually ran smoothly. Now it seems every week there are different stewards each week and they just don't seem particularly great at getting cars through quickly. Add in a lot of matches this season there being extra cars in the uni (the multi-storey car park never used to be made available) and it is all being a bit shambolic.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Yep, know people do same from HH and have done for years. Doing 2 sides of triangle easier than 1 directly involving Coldean. Just needs proper traffic management. One of those Italian Policemen with a white pith helmet would do it. Sussex’s Finest would just look on gormless. They’ve had years to work with the club to improve things and yet? Get the train therefore this Saturday. Oh, you can’t, they’re not running. Watch on tele instead? Oh, the UK is the only country in the world you can’t. Maybe drive to Dover, catch ferry and watch in someone like St Omer? Alternatively, give up and go watch non league as many increasingly do if NSC is to be believed. Admittedly, I watched a superb game with nearly 3k last week. Atmosphere was brilliant, goals superbly taken and only a fiver. We then spent 10 times that on beers, food, scarves and programmes though, which proves a bum on an otherwise empty Amex seat even if the ticket was passed on “illegally” is worth considering. But think that’s been done to death and no chance club will mirror others more flexible policies.

You seem very bitter about the club and seem to be blaming them for everything from EPL TV rights, Road works, to weather conditions and the lack of investment in our railways.
Why don’t you join the chat room of your non league club and have a chat with the other member about raffles and cheesey chips?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
You seem very bitter about the club and seem to be blaming them for everything from EPL TV rights, Road works, to weather conditions and the lack of investment in our railways.
Why don’t you join the chat room of your non league club and have a chat with the other member about raffles and cheesey chips?

Not sure what to make of your pith. It's factually incorrect for one. Definitely far from the truth. And appears a bit precious. Happy to discuss at the Amex against Villa on Saturday mind? I'm in West 1901, which has a raffle actually called the Prize Draw. Shame they don't do cheesy chips mind, suggest to PB?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports