Car Hire USA

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Your doing a road trip from san fran to vegas and bothered about £120 ???

No. We are going to New York and Florida, and will be hiring a in Orlando for 11 days. With no difference in flights/accomodation between July and September, it seemed like the sensible choice to go when we are 25 rather than 24.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Anyone had any good or bad experiences?

Im looking to hire for 2 weeks in Sept....checking on line there is such a variation in prices. I dont want to get there, with a pre paid car and end up having to pay more insurance, (ie CDW) have those days gone? does all inclusive mean all inclusive or do they still try and get you to buy "extras" when you collect the car.

Try Fifteen02 Limited - Welcome Page , they are based in Worthing , a friend of mine , you have his number if you have any questions , i always rent off him when abroad , he is cheap and he gets the best deal from all the hire companies , make sure you book 2 weeks in advance though , i always use him and he is always the cheapest and i do look around , i use a rented car regular . You get standard excess of £800 but you can downsize this if you pay little extra , if your not sure call him (Doug) he will help you out.

Nick

Strimm

Apr 2, 2011
New York
I hired a car in San Fran last month and Fox (foxrentacar.com) had the best rates by quite a margin. We booked about a month in advance and the prices went up the closer we got to the trip, so probably worth holding a reservation as you can always cancel it if you find a better rate. Can't help with insurance as my credit card includes car rental insurance so I didn't get any.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
dont know if this helps but was out in the states for a while last year and wanted to rent a "reliable" car for two weeks,checked all the usual suspects online (whilst already over there) and it worked out over $200 cheaper to book via expedia uk,the added bonus being everything was included,CDW unlimited mileage etc etc.

wouldnt bother with a sat nav though,if you cant read a map you shouldnt be allowed out the house and half the fun of travelling is ending up down the back end of a dirt road only to find 10 rednecks licking their lips and making squeaky pig noises.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports