Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I will have a look at 'Sales of Good Act 1979' in preparation for conversation on Monday.
Thank You

Not sure but think that might have been superseded by the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

Would also suggest that you try and speak to the CAB and/or a legal advice line (you might have one as part of your household or motor insurance or even some employers provide them as employee benefits).

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I will have a look at 'Sales of Good Act 1979' in preparation for conversation on Monday.
Thank You

Don't. SGA 1979 was replaced by the Consumer Rights Act 2015 last October. That Act does apply to Dealers. However, CRA isn't as applicable to your situation as the contract itself (the CRA -nor the SGA before it - is silent on pricing issues; instead, it covers whether you bought what you thought you were buying, and whether the car is of merchantable quality - which isn't in dispute in your case).

However there is some legislation that will help: Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Practices 2008. One section definitely applies - "Failing to act in accordance with what is reasonably acceptable".

Your primary weapon is the contract - talk about "So, you want to breach the contract? Show me the clause that allows you to do this." Then move on to "Does Peugeot allow their dealers to do this?". Finally, move to CPUTP 2008, and refer to OFT (Office for Fair Trading). They'll cave.

Don't expect any favours from them when you pick the car up! Get there 2 hours early on the day you collect it - you don't want urine in the petrol tank...

IndependentWSU

May 24, 2011
Don't. SGA 1979 was replaced by the Consumer Rights Act 2015 last October. That Act does apply to Dealers. However, CRA isn't as applicable to your situation as the contract itself (the CRA -nor the SGA before it - is silent on pricing issues; instead, it covers whether you bought what you thought you were buying, and whether the car is of merchantable quality - which isn't in dispute in your case).

However there is some legislation that will help: Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Practices 2008. One section definitely applies - "Failing to act in accordance with what is reasonably acceptable".

Your primary weapon is the contract - talk about "So, you want to breach the contract? Show me the clause that allows you to do this." Then move on to "Does Peugeot allow their dealers to do this?". Finally, move to CPUTP 2008, and refer to OFT (Office for Fair Trading). They'll cave.

Don't expect any favours from them when you pick the car up! Get there 2 hours early on the day you collect it - you don't want urine in the petrol tank...

Wow, this is superb advice. Thanks for your efforts and time. Much appreciated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here