Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Car change conundrum

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Here's the thing:

6yr old Peugeot 2008. 46k on the clock. Worth £8,5k p/x. New tyres and shocks. Good Nick but dwindling value.
20yr old Citroen C3. 52k on the clock. New tyres. Keep it for Mrs Earle in case she ever drives again.
Conundrum: keep both and run on to the ground, or buy new C3 which is a bit bigger now for p/x plus £10k and start again.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
If it were me I'd get rid of the unused one, keep the 2008 until it dies.

Which is the situation I find myself in, as I've got a Mondeo on 125k which I have no intention of replacing and the wife has a Fiesta that doesn't get used at all that we're looking at getting rid of.

The way I see it is you've got £8.5k to lose on the 2008 where as if you go for the C3 you've got the potential to lose £18.5k. I highly doubt the 2008 is going to cost more than £10k more than the C3 to run over the next 5/6 years.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Each to his own, but after 40 years of motoring, one thing I've learned is that if you have a car that goes, and you trust it, you keep it.

There is no guarantee, that even with a younger car, it will be more reliable, or cheaper to run.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here