Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Capital Punishment

Capital punishment

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jan 30, 2008
I'm not in Albufeira and my point is still valid. It is perfectly reasonable for immigrants with a common heritage to live in the same vicinity and enjoy their shared heritage. White people do it as well as black, brown and yellow people.

Who mentioned anyones skin colour:facepalm:, I've been to Lagos just up the road from you ,how you can compare these areas to some of the Ghettos in the UK is beyond me maybe pop back home for a refresher

Regards
DF

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
There are ghettos all over the world, some are forced and some are the result of choice as I described. There is no logic to your assertion that someone who lives in a ghetto does not want to be part of the country they live in.

Harry pointed out your first mistake, yet you keep on repeating it. :lolol:

You'd get more sense from a lump of Gorgonzola.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes, I understand but I couldn't let it go. It is fundamentally incorrect that ghetto-dwellers, by definition, do not wish to be part of the country in which they reside.

I have to admit that I do talk to my cat.

The responses are, however, much more reasoned than the oaf's :shrug:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Putting together a show for Latest TV debating a hypothetical referendum in this country for the return of capital punishment.

Clearly for balance I have one speaker for it and one against it but for some kind of pre show research I wanted to gauge the opinion in the broad church that is NSC.

Just thinking this through, what is the need for this programme in the first place? How does it serve any interest. There is no calling for a debate on the issue and no legitimate interest.

In addition, having one speaker for and one against is highly irresponsible. It suggests a 50/50 split from the outset when there is no such split.

Issues like climate change suffered badly from such journalistic approaches and held action on the topic back for decades.

I would also suggest that you are putting a lot of pressure on your speakers. If you’ve got the Wealdstone Warrior arguing the case against capital punishment and someone with a modicum of charm arguing for, then you are not going to get anywhere near an accurate result.

I really question why there’s the need for this at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Just thinking this through, what is the need for this programme in the first place? How does it serve any interest. There is no calling for a debate on the issue and no legitimate interest.

In addition, having one speaker for and one against is highly irresponsible. It suggests a 50/50 split from the outset when there is no such split.

Issues like climate change suffered badly from such journalistic approaches and held action on the topic back for decades.

I would also suggest that you are putting a lot of pressure on your speakers. If you’ve got the Wealdstone Warrior arguing the case against capital punishment and someone with a modicum of charm arguing for, then you are not going to get anywhere near an accurate result.

I really question why there’s the need for this at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm going to be glued to it. I'm expecting William F Buckley vs Gore Vidal.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
What do you feel you will gain from these two guests though? What will they provide which most people don’t know already? This discussion has, excuse the pun, been done to death over the years/decades and has become quite hackneyed. Why not debate something more relevant and topical like cancel culture?

It’s one of a number of shows we are recording, going to debate the aforementioned cancel culture, the gender pay gap, offensive comedy, why the Greens have only got one MP and when Jesus comes back will he do it on social media?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It’s one of a number of shows we are recording, going to debate the aforementioned cancel culture, the gender pay gap, offensive comedy, why the Greens have only got one MP and when Jesus comes back will he do it on social media?

Congratulations on your contract with GB News!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I see.

I find the discussion around cancel culture interesting on many levels; look forward to seeing that one in particular. The comedy one as well.

Jan 30, 2008
There are ghettos all over the world, some are forced and some are the result of choice as I described. There is no logic to your assertion that someone who lives in a ghetto does not want to be part of the country they live in.

Only within their own confines , sounds like you're wrapped up in cotton wool in the Algarve

Regards
DF

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Luckily this glimpse into the doings of a 6th form debating society for the permanently bewildered is only airing on Latest TV, so the only people who are likely to watch it are the people making it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here