Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cantona's kung-fu kick. 20 years on.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
According to our version of NSC, Matthew Simmons (the bloke kicked by Cantona) was a Cottager, not an Eagle:http://www.friendsoffulham.com/f_fans.php?fans=Others

Palace quite often use that one when they want to distance themselves from that cretin, to be fair. He must have been a Palace fan though: as nobody ever goes to Selhurst Park just to watch Big Teams, no. They're all die-hard, lifelong, dedicated Eagles there, don't you know? No fly-by-night, glory seeking, dare-we-say "plastic" supporters just in town because Man United are there, absolutely not. I know it might look like several of the people you see around Matthew Simmons in most of the Cantona photos are wearing United scarves or shirts, but don't worry. It's just an optical illusion, & they're really massive Palace fans.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
When you say "fouled", you mean "kicked" right ?

Yeah, fouled. That thing that happens in football games sometimes.

Wait- are you going to tell me no Palace player ever kicked- sorry, I mean ASSAULTED an opponent? When Jedinak smacks someone round the head with his elbows (again): is that an assault then? Don't be ridiculous. You must be saddle sore from sitting on that high horse, my friend :lol:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Anyway you can laugh at an incident in a fixture that's in your dreams, playing United in the league. Half of you weren't even alive the last time that happened.

And did Albion ever beat them 5-0? Hey we did that to another side more recently as well...
That Palace troll Par Dieu gets banned and all of a sudden this troll starts posting and once again it's the same diet of snide trolling and then when floundering for a response mentioning which league Palace are in and that they've beaten us at footie. It's as if they're one and the same tedious, no-life troll.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
It's the young Man United fan a couple of rows behind I feel sorry for. The countless united fans around the incident probably weren't expecting to get THAT close to their hero Cantona that night.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
It surprises me that more players haven't reacted over the years in the same way that Cantona did considering some of the language that comes from opposition fans.

I don't understand the sanctimony about the behaviour of Simmons, (the Palace fan kicked), considering some of the vile abuse directed at opposition players I've heard coming from the mouths of our fans.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Simmonds is a C**t, Palace are C**ts and Cantona is a super-hero - its really not complicated.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
A spectacular looking assault by king Eric, but ultimately a highly ineffectual one.
I cannot forgive Cantona for it. I tuned in that evening all excited to see this flying kick only to be disappointed. Now if he'd vaulted the barrier and then properly chinned the palace twunt I would have his poster on the wall

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
What is more incredible,is he managed to hit a palace fan in that stand ,how did he miss one of his own !

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
A spectacular looking assault by king Eric, but ultimately a highly ineffectual one.
I cannot forgive Cantona for it. I tuned in that evening all excited to see this flying kick only to be disappointed. Now if he'd vaulted the barrier and then properly chinned the palace twunt I would have his poster on the wall

Well get yourself a poster of the legend that is Gerry Armstrong then. He did exactly that, albeit at Southwick and not at Selhurst.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Will always be, Sir Eric Cantona after that outstanding performance. Only wish he had managed to make contact with that horrible cvnts face.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Yeah, fouled. That thing that happens in football games sometimes.

Wait- are you going to tell me no Palace player ever kicked- sorry, I mean ASSAULTED an opponent? When Jedinak smacks someone round the head with his elbows (again): is that an assault then? Don't be ridiculous. You must be saddle sore from sitting on that high horse, my friend :lol:

I was only pointing out the facts Edna.
Richard Shaw marked Le Coq out of the game, resulting in him getting frustrated and kicking Shaw right in front of the ref , straight red.
Rather than walk diagonally to the tunnel, ( as players normally do ) he thought he would take a walk along the Main Stand and take in the applause of the Man U faithful.
What happened next was inexcusable, from both sides, including The Guvnor bouncing on his toes, offering out some Palace fans
A sorry night that ended in tragic circumstances..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here