Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cannabis Cafe Worthing

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Amazing to see sleepy old worthing still has a cannabis cafe and has had for years. The police seem to be losing the plot over it, resorting to tractors to bulldoze in. I notice charges have now been dropped and the cafe was open within 24 hrs. Seems a waste of police resources to me. I dont think there has been any trouble at the cafe and must of got youths off the street. Bit of pot never killed anyone and this cafe isnt funding a big crime wave

Good on them , keep it going !!

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/loca...s_made_to_police_after_cannabis_cafe_raid.php

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Its in Lancing though :)

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Amazing to see sleepy old worthing still has a cannabis cafe and has had for years. The police seem to be losing the plot over it, resorting to tractors to bulldoze in. I notice charges have now been dropped and the cafe was open within 24 hrs. Seems a waste of police resources to me. I dont think there has been any trouble at the cafe and must of got youths off the street. Bit of pot never killed anyone and this cafe isnt funding a big crime wave

Good on them , keep it going !!

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/loca...s_made_to_police_after_cannabis_cafe_raid.php

as you said if it aint hurting anyone why close it,

challengechappers

Sep 14, 2005
nothing annoys me more than those who tout the argument, Marijuana: no crime, no victim. Ever worked in mental health services ?

Never did me any harm.

Wait....who are those people talking about me, in the distance..... and why does everyone pretend to be shopping, when I'm in the supermarket? They only go there to act like they are not WATCHING me.
This Stones song is cool though, the band are telling me I must go to Fiji.... and stay there until the blue dyed air has dispersed in 2027. I must be going now.....

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The police in Sussex are not interested in drugs or dealers as the biggest dealer in Worthing is known to everybody but still the police dont do anything about him. I wonder why?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
nothing annoys me more than those who tout the argument, Marijuana: no crime, no victim. Ever worked in mental health services ?

But those sorts of people would end up mentalists whatever.

Bet they have all eaten kebabs as well.........what does that prove.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

nothing annoys me more than those that claim that because a tiny few have an adverse reaction, that is enough to justify banning what is essentially a harmless, natural herb. If you applied the logic to everything else, we'd litterly ban living. its sad a few are affected in such a way, but mental health problems have been around forever and if cannabis wasnt around somthing else would be a trigger.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003

Indeed, it does have an effect. But so does booze and worse, so that is always used as the arguement. People are going to smoke it, I use to, but as i've grown up (okay okay) I realise that wasting your life away and eating shit doesn't really set you up for a good future.

Its not good for you and there isn't anything really positive to come from smoking it. Apart from MS suffering people maybe?

I know I wouldn't want to live next door to a pot cafe.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
nothing annoys me more than those that claim that because a tiny few have an adverse reaction, that is enough to justify banning what is essentially a harmless, natural herb. If you applied the logic to everything else, we'd litterly ban living. its sad a few are affected in such a way, but mental health problems have been around forever and if cannabis wasnt around somthing else would be a trigger.

I do agree with that logic and its down to the individuals mind set, i.e. I smoked pot but would never touch Heroin, nor did any of my mates. I drank booze, smoked fags and hit it off with women before I smoked a spliff.

So does drink lead you to pot? No, its a social thing I guess and again boils down to how resolute you are?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Bit of pot never killed anyone

If I remember rightly the horrific crash at Poynings in 2004 was caused by the driver driving under the influence of cannabis. Was it 5 or 6 people killed that day?

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
:nono:

and i'm not trying to preach - but at least my opinion is actually based on experience working with people with schizophrenia

From what i have experienced of users, those that use heavily and regularly are the ones that have the schizophenia / delerium problems, not the ones who use very occassionally (like most of my friends at uni), but maybe working in the hospital i see the extreme?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The police in Sussex are not interested in drugs or dealers as the biggest dealer in Worthing is known to everybody but still the police dont do anything about him. I wonder why?

Maybe because all you know is local gossip, as opposed to credible intelligence?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here