Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Canal Man

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Anybody else witness this outside the ground before kick off?

IMG_2948.jpeg

Poor chap tried to take a shortcut but was too smashed to realise that it was a canal, not a road. One of the funniest things I’ve seen at football for a long time.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
:lolol: That’s ****ing brilliant.

A few of ours couldn’t handle their beer and gear last night. Loads couldn’t find the right seat, one lad blocked the gangway to the loos in 416 at half time without the faintest idea he was in the way and then people started stacking it on the stairs in the beer flood we got told off for.

All those warnings about ultras and the biggest danger was from ourselves in the form of watered down Heineken and canals :lol:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I’ve got another picture of him having just got out of the canal but not sure if I should post it as he might not want his face on here.

It was so f***ing funny, a group of about 30 Brighton fans had walked the wrong way round the stadium and were trying to get round to the away end. We were told to go all the way around the 5-a-side pitch behind the stand but there was a gap in the fence and it looked from the top like you could sneak through. People went to jog through it and then everyone stopped as they realised there was a canal there. Except canal man who just carried on running.

I’m pissing myself laughing again as I type this 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I’d love to be that young and daft again!
Coincidentally it was after visiting that ground where I vowed ‘never again’. I went to an England match there about 15 odd years ago and I literally don’t remember a thing from the game, I just about remember arriving at the stadium, everything after that is a blank. I vowed never to get into that kind of state before a match again, especially when I’ve spent loads to be there. I’ve mainly stuck to it……..

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I’d love to be that young and daft again!
Coincidentally it was after visiting that ground where I vowed ‘never again’. I went to an England match there about 15 odd years ago and I literally don’t remember a thing from the game, I just about remember arriving at the stadium, everything after that is a blank. I vowed never to get into that kind of state before a match again, especially when I’ve spent loads to be there. I’ve mainly stuck to it……..
I was a bit like that in Marseille. I was better yesterday but it’s hard not to get carried away with it all with the pubs in town rocking at 1pm- it’s difficult not to peak too early! Thank God for the 18:45 kick offs, another hour in the pub before and I’d have been a right mess.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I was a bit like that in Marseille. I was better yesterday but it’s hard not to get carried away with it all with the pubs in town rocking at 1pm- it’s difficult not to peak too early! Thank God for the 18:45 kick offs, another hour in the pub before and I’d have been a right mess.
It seemed to me that there were as many there ticketless as there were in the stadium.... a sizeable % of folk I spoke to were sans tickets.... even several guys at the comedy cafe Albion roar event in the afternoon..

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here