Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Canadian terrorism

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Nonsense.

If you want nonsense try comparing a direct translation of the lords prayer from aramaic to English, or compare/contrast whats in the Koran vis the hadeeth. OR why the Talmud takes precedence over the Torah or why Christmas is celebrated in Europe more than Easter.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
If you want nonsense try comparing a direct translation of the lords prayer from aramaic to English, or compare/contrast whats in the Koran vis the hadeeth. OR why the Talmud takes precedence over the Torah or why Christmas is celebrated in Europe more than Easter.

IF (big IF) you knew what you were talking about, you would know that Aramaic can be translated in MANY different ways, so it is impossible to have just one single direct translation from Aramaic to English. Second, the gospel records of Jesus teaching the Lord's Prayer are in GREEK not Aramaic anyway.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
IF (big IF) you knew what you were talking about, you would know that Aramaic can be translated in MANY different ways, so it is impossible to have just one single direct translation from Aramaic to English. Second, the gospel records of Jesus teaching the Lord's Prayer are in GREEK not Aramaic anyway.

Erm yes thats what I am saying, Aramaic to greek then latin then English, or other routes. Chinese wispers, for various fairy tales.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Erm yes thats what I am saying, Aramaic to greek then latin then English, or other routes. Chinese wispers, for various fairy tales.

Sorry to disappoint you but most versions of the Bible these days are direct translations from the very earliest manuscripts. And Aramaic is not part of the process apart from a very few words.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I'd be interested in seeing how many recent terrorist attacks and those who are going out to Syria/Iraq are converts. Recently convert and Muslim have been in conjunction when used to describe the assailant. The recent beheading in London, whilst I acknowledge his known drug problem; was a convert.

Is it actually Islam that attracts them? Or is it the violence that can be associated with it and therefore, seen to give them a cause? That's where I'd want to see data collected.

My hypothesis is that these types of converts aren't necessarily attracted to Islam as a religion for spiritual purposes, but rather, allows them to find a cause in which to enact violence. Due to the increased use of social media by extremists to attract new recruits and incite fear, it's no wonder we're seeing an increase in violence.

Of course, I have no real evidence to support this and it's a flawed idea. Nonetheless, it's a tragedy that these people have been killed because of radicalism. May they rest in peace.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
No problem, part of me would like to see all the monotheist religions banned, main source of crap for 4000 years.

A qoute but cant remember who from "we are all athiests I just beleive in one less god than you do".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here