Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can we, the fans, cope when we play the wrong way round?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought the atmosphere was a little odd yesterday.
Sure the kerfuffle in the North didn't help.
But I can't help thinking had Len's hat-trick been finished off in front of the North, the roof would have come off the place.

On a plus side the West seemed more vocal.

To me we don't get to grips with the team attacking the south in the second half.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Wasn't paying attention. Did we lose the toss again, or opt to play that way?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When Palace did the swap it definitely had a effect.

I seem to remember it happening before, this season, and it not sitting comfortably with us.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
When Palace did the swap it definitely had a effect.

I seem to remember it happening before, this season, and it not sitting comfortably with us.

Well it was fine last week (just).

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
Really annoys me when they swap it.

and this is excatly why teams do it.. its a clever tactic to be honest by the visiting team. I would be instructing the team to do it at away games if I won the toss. Any tiny little advantage you can gain away from home is worth it..

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I was thinking that Gus may have opted for this, it seems we score almost all our goals in the North so it makes sense to score in the first half.

Do we score more goals in the north because we mainly play in that direction in the second half? And teams score more goals in the second half generally anyway?

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Well it's a plus for me as I sit in the south. And surely it is to our advantage to attack towards the south in the second half as we will have fans behind the goal we are attacking and the opposition won't in the second half.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I thought the atmosphere was a little odd yesterday.
Sure the kerfuffle in the North didn't help.
But I can't help thinking had Len's hat-trick been finished off in front of the North, the roof would have come off the place.

On a plus side the West seemed more vocal.

To me we don't get to grips with the team attacking the south in the second half.

There was quite a few of us who went and 'sat' in the North-West corner.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
It is a bit disconcerting being in the North. Some people near me disappeared at half time and I think they headed for the South to watch the second half. They don't usually just go home at half time! It was an odd game all round yetserday. Never seen so many leave so early which begs another questions. Is it more ok to leave early when we are 4-1 up than 3-1 down?

I managed to come to terms with it very well from row Z of the bit of the "South stand" which is actually in the East stand. Hat trick, right in front of us from a new hero, what's not to like?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here