Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Can we put the "20 goal striker" idea to bed now?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
We are very good defensively and that has helped us finish higher than our goal tally would suggest. Usually 40+ to avoid relegation, 50+ for those mid table, 60+ for European place & 80+ to challenge for a title. We've also seen 5 seasons without really turning anyone over, such results breed confidence and strikers thrive on confidence.

We had an 11 game run without a win and 6 defeats in a row. Such a string of results dents the morale and makes getting out of the rut seem almost impossible. Next season I'd like a few more goals, more wins than draws and less than 10 defeats

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
This is actually what I thought this thread would be about. After all we’ve scored 7 goals in our last 2 games and none of them have been from a striker. It would be nice to have a clinical striker but the last two weeks have shown that the likes of Trossard, Mac Allister & Caicedo chipping in is just as important

Yup. If you unearth / develop a 15+ goals a season striker like Leeds did with Bamford and he gets injured, then you’re ****ed.

And if you buy one for £100m like Chelsea did with Lukaku and he turns out to be shit, then equally you are ****ed.

Or if he doesn’t get injured and isn’t shit, you have him for one season before a bigger club buys him

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I thought 20 goal a season strikers were mainly for a 46 game championship season, not a 38 game PL season ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here