Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can we please all pronounce Mac Allister as Mac Al eeeesta!

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I generally find the best way to find out how to pronounce a players name is to listen to JC on the wireless. Completely disregard the way Warren says it (I'm sure he does it as a wind up) unless it's confirmed by JC.
Admittedly during a chant, Bissouma's name is elongated to Bissoooooma but unless there's a chant involved I'll probably just stick to 'Mac 'alice' ter' but I'm from Brigh'on & have no idea how it would be pronounced in either Argentina or Scotland! I think people I chat to in the pub would think I was weird if I said it in any other way though. :whistle:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I generally find the best way to find out how to pronounce a players name is to listen to JC on the wireless. Completely disregard the way Warren says it (I'm sure he does it as a wind up) unless it's confirmed by JC.
Admittedly during a chant, Bissouma's name is elongated to Bissoooooma but unless there's a chant involved I'll probably just stick to 'Mac 'alice' ter' but I'm from Brigh'on & have no idea how it would be pronounced in either Argentina or Scotland! I think people I chat to in the pub would think I was weird if I said it in any other way though. :whistle:

From hearing a bit of Sir Alex Ferguson, I dont think they pronounce things in Scotland.

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
Admittedly during a chant, Bissouma's name is elongated to Bissoooooma

Brilliant. You have nailed it. I bet all the above bed wetter's join in that chant! And now they have to explain the difference.

Hey wokey types...Why is it OK to chant Bissooooooma with echoes of an Africanesque chant?

wait for it..... either tumbleweed or non advanced avoidance techniques. (I don't have to explain etc etc....)

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
From hearing a bit of Sir Alex Ferguson, I dont think they pronounce things in Scotland.

I think they do, but I struggle with any accent further north than Newcastle. :lolol: I obviously have no clue what the Palace fans say but I think that's more to do with their content rather than accent, actually thinking about it you can probably include Arsenal with that blud. Out of interest do you hear Swedish commentary or English?

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Brilliant. You have nailed it. I bet all the above bed wetter's join in that chant! And now they have to explain the difference.

Hey wokey types...Why is it OK to chant Bissooooooma with echoes of an Africanesque chant?

wait for it..... either tumbleweed or non advanced avoidance techniques. (I don't have to explain etc etc....)

Because it fits into the song. Same as 'Heyyyyyy Neal Maupay, oo ah, I wanna knooowohoohoh, how you scored that goal'. As far as I know Bruce Channel is American and the person who did the cover is DJ Otzi who is Austrian. In case you didn't know Neal is French.
The song 'Tequila' is also by American artists (The Champs) and as far as I know just mentions Tequila a lot, no references or echo's of an African chant as Tequila comes from Mexico which is (without getting into a geography or political discussion) South America. I think you're overthinking things. :thumbsup:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I think they do, but I struggle with any accent further north than Newcastle. :lolol: I obviously have no clue what the Palace fans say but I think that's more to do with their content rather than accent, actually thinking about it you can probably include Arsenal with that blud. Out of interest do you hear Swedish commentary or English?

English 99% of the time, except when watching the Swedish leagues obviously.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I wonder who's second (or third, fourth, etc) that account was - should we have a poll ? :wink:

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
image.jpg

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I invite you into a geography or political discussion. :D

This is a genuine question, but isn't Mexico classed as north America? It sits above what is classed as central America.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
See this is why I'm rubbish at geography!! It's at the 'bottom of America' which in my head looking at an atlas is South! :dunce:

Haha no worries at all.
A heck of a lot of people think or thought Mexico is a part of South America (even people in Canada)!

Similarly to many people in North America thinking the UK isn't part of Europe (geographically) anymore, since Brexit. - Where did we float over to?!

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Haha no worries at all.
A heck of a lot of people think or thought Mexico is a part of South America (even people in Canada)!

Similarly to many people in North America thinking the UK isn't part of Europe (geographically) anymore, since Brexit. - Where did we float over to?!

I'm going to buy a globe.... my head says Canada is North of America and Niagara Falls is a 'mini' dividing line. There is a good reason that people select Geography for me on the middle 'winning part' of Trivial Pursuit! :lol:

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
English 99% of the time, except when watching the Swedish leagues obviously.

You must hear so many different ways of pronouncing our players names! The commentators on Sky. BT & Prime can't even manage to do half of them correctly! You may come to Brigh'on and not have a clue what anyone is saying just based on the accents that you've heard on commentaries!!!:ohmy:

Moaty

Aug 19, 2021
Lochend,Edinburgh

'Mac' 'allis' 'terr' mind you if you ever watched Sportscene in the 90's Franck Sauzee was pronounced Soozy,Saucy,Suzzy all by the same commentator in the same game.Here's a thought ask the player how it's pronounced.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Been an Albion fan since before you were born. If I was stupid would I be able to spell Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis?

But yeah.. always up for a ruck with the 'I'm so offended' crowd.

Really? Going by this thread I was convinced you must be about 14

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
'Mac' 'allis' 'terr' mind you if you ever watched Sportscene in the 90's Franck Sauzee was pronounced Soozy,Saucy,Suzzy all by the same commentator in the same game.Here's a thought ask the player how it's pronounced.

I'm afraid I don't know any of the players personally to ask them. However, I assume that JC (Not Warren) on the Sussex wireless has actually asked them, as he said something about it ages ago. In JC I trust even though he speaks with a southern accent. :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here