Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can we please all pronounce Mac Allister as Mac Al eeeesta!

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
'Allo 'Allo - someone seems to have been brought up on 1980s comedies

823.jpg

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
There’s nothing wrong with pronouncing someone’s name incorrectly for comic effect as long as you don’t just pick on foreign sounding names .

Way too many precious people around . As long as it’s not meant in a nasty way obviously. Faulty Towers is hilarious because of the relationship between the owner and the Spanish waiter .

Soon there be nothing to laugh about if someone gets upset about everything you say .

Obviously if someone looks like they are getting upset then stop but most people appreciate humour is meant in a good way . It’s very obvious when it has overstepped the mark .

Exactly.

Surprised how many bed wetting millennials are on here trying to show how woke they are by being offended by a joke.

Intention is everything. If the comment is intended to upset then yes it should be confronted. But these guys want to seek out anything they can to show off how woke they are. Its pathetic.

The only thing offensive about this "joke" is how dull it is.

Your reaction is quite funny though. Always something.

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
The only thing offensive about this "joke" is how dull it is.

Your reaction is quite funny though. Always something.

and you're reacting to my reaction eh? keeps coming back :) I'll take that as a win thanks :clap:

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
Been an Albion fan since before you were born. If I was stupid would I be able to spell Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis?

But yeah.. always up for a ruck with the 'I'm so offended' crowd.

If you're as old as you are claiming to be, then clearly you should know better - however, I'm more inclined to believe your school has a Baker day today (ask your Dad), so normal service should be resumed shortly.

As for your claim of intelligence, great, you can use Google and have mastered the art of copy and paste!

Last edited:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Exactly.

Surprised how many bed wetting millennials are on here trying to show how woke they are by being offended by a joke.

Oh No! So close to winning today's game of Predictability Bingo. The final answer you were looking for was "PC Brigade". That's PC Brigade.

We'll be back, same time, same place tomorrow for another episode.

I've been MejonaNO12 aka riskit, and until then, you stay edgy.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
This has all the textbook hallmarks of a classic NSC car crash thread. Someone comes on and posts an absolutely infantile thread, gets shot down, resorts to insulting other users and declaring anyone who doesn’t agree as being ‘woke’. It’s as tiresome as it is predictable.

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
As for your claim of intelligence, great, you can use Google and have mastered the art of copy and paste!

>>> If I was stupid would I be able to spell Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilico volcanoconiosis? <<<

oh well spotted! You got me there. I take it you actually took that seriously. oh my lord. I see I am way out of my depth with you guys.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This has all the textbook hallmarks of a classic NSC car crash thread. Someone comes on and posts an absolutely infantile thread, gets shot down, resorts to insulting other users and declaring anyone who doesn’t agree as being ‘woke’. It’s as tiresome as it is predictable.

Good call. In an ideal world the OP would be old, a proven sad git and with a horrendous temper. We'd then put out a couple of nibbles and away we go. This chap is probably a bit young, his joke is just unfunny and absolutely shit rather than particularly offensive but he is too stupid to see this - hence the lazy bandying around of the word "woke". I can't be arsed to take the piss out of such a simpleton. The will just isn't there these days.

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
>>> If I was stupid would I be able to spell Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilico volcanoconiosis? <<<

you didn't take me seriously...... erm ok

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
the amusing thing to me is that all this 'I'm offended' BS has kept this thread running for a while now. So you will soon hear people calling him Mac Al eeeeeesta! when you do please think of me :)

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
and you're reacting to my reaction eh? keeps coming back :) I'll take that as a win thanks :clap:

If you think someone replying to you on an Internet forum is a ‘win’ then please, please turn off your electronic device, go outside and don’t come back until you’ve spoke to a woman. It’s for your own good.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Go on give it a shot.

Sigh, ok then...

...nope - I really can't be arsed. You're far too boring and your "joke" is barely worth thinking about because it is so poor without being more than mildly offensive. Do you honestly think it was funny?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Beyond the puerile - there is actually a quite interesting discussion to be had, on what is the 'correct' pronunciation of a geographically / culturally transposed name.

Take the example of the former Liverpool defender Sebastien Coates - another South American of Scottish descent. He's from a non-English speaking family in Uruguay.

His surname is Coates. It is actually the very same surname as the chap Peter Coates, who owns Stoke City (and Bet365) - pronounced as per the plural of 'Coat'.

Yet for the footballer - to him, to his family, and the South American media, he is Sebastien "Co - ah - tez".

Nobody is pronouncing it 'wrong'.

But surely the correct and, more importantly, polite pronunciation is the way that the person themselves pronounces it?

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
If you think someone replying to you on an Internet forum is a ‘win’ then please, please turn off your electronic device, go outside and don’t come back until you’ve spoke to a woman. It’s for your own good.

with you replying as well that's another win for me :clap:

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012

Ooohh ooooh. I know the answer. Pick me!

I think the Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer reference on this went over everyone's heads. Next time I'll provide references so you can keep up.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

I think the Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer reference on this went over everyone's heads. Next time I'll provide references so you can keep up.

I’d sincerely hope that there won’t be a next time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here