Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can we have our match back please?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I find it quite strange that after knowing about the strike action weeks in advance, and Brighton plod giving the game the ok, you requested a postponement days before you lost all your back room staff .
Coincidence?

What I find strange is why our mods allow you to infect this board.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I find it quite strange that after knowing about the strike action weeks in advance, and Brighton plod giving the game the ok, you requested a postponement days before you lost all your back room staff .
Coincidence?

Weeks? It wasn't even one week.

The strike was announced on 1st September - https://www.rmt.org.uk/news/rmt-announce-new-strike-dates-in-national-rail-dispute/

The game postponement was announced on 7th September - https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2785495/crystal-palace-game-postponed-due-to-rail-strike

In between that, I know for a fact, that a lot of discussions took place between a lot of parties in an attempt to find a way to get the game on safely. Maybe it would be better to look a bit closer to home, and the manner in which a number of your fans travel and how safety authorities didn't want to be host to that when it was not possible to stick them all on a direct train back to shitsville.

Anyway, enough trolling from you for a while. Thanks.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
And the Queen popping her clogs too getting today's game called off. Coincidence ?

Or conspiracy nutter ? :p

Her majesty’s death is in no way related.
The football authorities decided, in respect, to postpone all matches.
You could have requested a postponement ages ago, but you didn’t .
What changed your mindset ?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Will be amazed if this shitshow of a season doesn't roll on well into the summer. EPL just seems to be a bit of an afterthought nowadays on account of one bit of nonsense or another

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1

Looks like a ban for the troll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

So conspiracy nutter who can't understand a calendar (see above) :facepalm:

:wave:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Coincidence?
Who cares ?

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean

Weeks? It wasn't even one week.

The strike was announced on 1st September - https://www.rmt.org.uk/news/rmt-announce-new-strike-dates-in-national-rail-dispute/

The game postponement was announced on 7th September - https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2785495/crystal-palace-game-postponed-due-to-rail-strike

In between that, I know for a fact, that a lot of discussions took place between a lot of parties in an attempt to find a way to get the game on safely. Maybe it would be better to look a bit closer to home, and the manner in which a number of your fans travel and how safety authorities didn't want to be host to that when it was not possible to stick them all on a direct train back to shitsville.

Anyway, enough trolling from you for a while. Thanks.

I think Bozza’s reply says all you need to know so jog on mate

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Why don't we all go and support our local non-league team that day ?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
There's a lot of talk about fixture congestion. The good news is that neither Bournemouth nor Palace are involved in Europe and so these games can be rescheduled for midweek when others are playing Barca, Madrid or PSG.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
There's a lot of talk about fixture congestion. The good news is that neither Bournemouth nor Palace are involved in Europe and so these games can be rescheduled for midweek when others are playing Barca, Madrid or PSG.

Can they actually play Prem games on European nights? Not sure they are allowed to clash but might be wrong.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Yep :thumbsup:

I'll be heading to an FA Cup 2nd qualifying round game ... either Worthing away at Slough or Lewes v Three Bridges ...

I think Burgess Hill must be in that because the Hawks game is off.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Anyway, even if it hadn’t been postponed for the train strike, it would almost certainly be postponed due to the large pull on police resources in the lead up to the Queen’s funeral.

The Met won’t be wanting to send a large number of officers down to Sussex to babysit Palace’a mischievous infants.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here