Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can we get promoted with Bong at LB? (merged)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
For god's sake give him a chance to get back to match sharpness after a long injury.Bloody good player.

That might have applied last season, when he did indeed return from a serious injury. However, since then he's had the same summer break and pre-season as everybody else. Certainly would like him to get back to his best, but when all are fit, I think LR is ahead of him in the pecking order now.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
No he's not good enough. Several people shouting out today during the game about how useless he was and how he is the weak link.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He apparently had a bad game today which I cant argue as I wasnt there but generally I would say that he is more than adequate but to balance this out we need to get the CB that CH has been talking of needing in sharp. This will (a) gives us better balance in the back four so that each can do their own job (b) give us greater flexibility and cover. (c) improve our options for the full backs to attack.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
That might have applied last season, when he did indeed return from a serious injury. However, since then he's had the same summer break and pre-season as everybody else. Certainly would like him to get back to his best, but when all are fit, I think LR is ahead of him in the pecking order now.

Summer break and pre-season all well and good,but not the same as week in week out Championship games imho.Seems faster and more punishing every season to me,but then I am an old git!

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
He was shite today, at fault for second goal.
Did he make the foul for the first goal?

It was a one off though, he's usually quality imo.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Interesting that 2 people who were at the game commented on the radio about Bongs performance ..but putting it down to Skalak not tracking back enough and the guy having to deal with 2 opposition players

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Not sticking up for him if he had a bad game but McLeary is a handful for any full back and one of the best wide men in the division.

Blimey, never thought I'd agree with you on this board, but McLeary was good today, apart from one abysmal cross. Bong got little help from Skalak either and was always struggling to deal with two on ones. Saying that he wasn't at his best and some shocking headers, so all in all not his best game, but the whole team didn't really get out of second gear.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Interesting that 2 people who were at the game commented on the radio about Bongs performance ..but putting it down to Skalak not tracking back enough and the guy having to deal with 2 opposition players
That's partly true but the whole team barring one player were poor today, which will show in the player ratings thread. Knockaert will get an 9 but no one else should be higher than a 7.

Last edited:

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Bong - The Weak Link

IMO..... Discuss.

Rosenior at left back and Bruno back at right back can't happen soon enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here