Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can the good folk of NSC help a little girl walk again.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Done. I suggested to the OP on the BBS thread via the OP of this thread that I would wear a scum shirt to our Yeovil game, and that Psychokiller and I could meet at the AMEX for that game and at Selhurst Park the following day for their game v Citeh with the intention of trying to get the local press involved to raise awareness. From a link to a BBS thread that the OP provided, I see that Psychokiller has said that he's out if the local press get involved, so that's a non-runner. A shame, but whatever.

Good luck Scarlett!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I had a count up earlier, and it was over £400, so should easily make £500. :D

Edit.. I have just looked and someone has donated £100 today (well done that person), so should have gone past the target.

Yes I spotted that, excellent stuff.

Reckon we should be aiming for a grand!

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Maybe the club should send her a junior Albion shirt too? Or would her parents refuse to accept it :lolol:

needyeagle

Mar 19, 2014
Yes I spotted that, excellent stuff.

Reckon we should be aiming for a grand!

A Brighton fan has now just donated £200 and a very well done to that man, looks like we are on for the £1k.
This makes me very proud of my fellow Brighton fans.

needyeagle

Mar 19, 2014
A message from Scarlett's Mum today.

"We can not thank all of our Crystal Palace Family and the fantastic Brighton Fans enough for all your support and donations in helping our daughter to get one step closer to achieving her dream. xXx"

22/03/14 07:53

That is one of the most beautiful smiles I've ever seen.

Done.

Edit: Buggery, not done as I'm a computer moron, Mrs Hillian will ensure it's done later.

Last edited:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
A Brighton fan has now just donated £200 and a very well done to that man, looks like we are on for the £1k.
This makes me very proud of my fellow Brighton fans.

Either very generous, or a £180 sweaty hands on a touch screen typo!

https://www.justgiving.com/Scarlettswishtowalk/

... there is an added bonus, as one Palace fan who it has to be said dislikes everything Brighton, has stated that he will wear a Brighton shirt to what could be the Palace most important game of the season, the last home game against Liverpool, if Brighton fans can collectively donate £500 towards this little girls operation. All you have to do is add #Brightonshirt in the comments field when donating any small amount for this cause.

That could be interesting, as those of us who were involved in promoting the very first REMF game will remember. A group of us turned up at a Palace v Norwich City game and wore our Albion shirts (in the Norwich bit of the Arthur Wait stand, close to the Holmesdale end of the ground). After a few minutes, we were "noticed" and much of the rest of the game was taken up by our little group being thoroughly abused by the whole of the Holmesdale. Towards the end of the game, a Met Police sergeant came up to me and said "I'm sorry to bother you, but you'll have to be a bit careful leaving the ground. You may not be aware of this, but there's been a bit of history between Palace and Brighton over the years".

The Norwich fans around us were completely baffled by all this.

Marvellous scenes.

Good luck!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here