Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Can someone recommend a power bank for my iPhone please.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I need a portable power bank to charge my iPhone on the go. Can some kind soul recommend one please.

VG, HT

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Not the cheapest but I use Apple’s MagSafe power bank. Plug my charging cable into it on a night, plonk my phone onto it and both are ready to go in the morning. I’m sure there are cheaper, non-Apple alternatives but can certainly vouch for this:

Amazon product

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I bought this in the summer, it’s the best rated according to Which? Lasts an age.

IMG_0809.png

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just some maths for you @Herr Tubthumper...

iPhone 15 / 15 Pro c3,300mAh
iPhone 15 Pro Max c4,400mAh

Typically, you get about 2/3 of the stated capacity of a battery pack due to power inefficiency, so a 10,000mAh battery pack will charge an iPhone 15 or 15 Pro twice, give or take, and a 15 Pro Max one-and-a-half times.

So, if you just need it to get you through a day, then a 10,000mAh battery should be more than adequate.

I bought this one a few years back...

It's pretty bulky, so one for the manbag and not a jean pocket, but....

- being 25,000mAh, it's a large capacity so doesn't need to be charged each time I use it. Nothing more frustrating than heading out, grabbing your battery pack and realising it's got little/no charge because you forgot to charge it.
- With the four solar panels, you can get some charge to it even if you don't have mains access. Makes it good for camping and festivals etc.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Another recommendation for Anker, good and durable

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Typically, you get about 2/3 of the stated capacity of a battery pack due to power inefficiency, so a 10,000mAh battery pack will charge an iPhone 15 or 15 Pro twice, give or take, and a 15 Pro Max one-and-a-half times.

So, if you just need it to get you through a day, then a 10,000mAh battery should be more than adequate.

- being 25,000mAh, it's a large capacity so doesn't need to be charged each time I use it. Nothing more frustrating than heading out, grabbing your battery pack and realising it's got little/no charge because you forgot to charge it.
- With the four solar panels, you can get some charge to it even if you don't have mains access. Makes it good for camping and festivals etc.

We’ve got the same model on our roof.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thanks for all the replies. I ended up going with @Bozza ’s recommendation.

(y)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Oh thats impressive …i like the solar power bit….one for the XMAS LIST!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm another Anker Wanker.

They do seem to last.

Alternatively I'm got an absolutely huge one so big its banned from hand luggage and has its own cooling fan.

I once whipped it out on a train and was able to satisfy a couples needs simultaneously and still had lead in the pencil when I got home.

It does need a full recharge over night though.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Moving parts = shorter lifespan, in my humble opinion.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Power bank has been delivered, to someone I can’t locate. Allegedly they’re a neighbour. Booooooo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here