Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can I put my dead dog in green bin outside ?

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
Once we have a definitive answer be sure to let me know - might pop the wife in our green bin for test for size just in case.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
......would be an interesting variant on Christmas Dinner

Please remember - and how many times have we heard - that a Dog isn't just for Christmas.

It can also make a fine curry on Boxing Day too!

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I think everyone has completely misunderstood the OP's question.

I agree, but I don't think you've quite covered it.

The question: "Can I put my dead dog in green bin outside?" clearly implies the green bin already contains a dead dog, and merely asks whether or not he can put this outside.

So the answer must surely be: "We strongly recommend that you put it outside, otherwise the bin men won't empty it. And if you don't it will make the house smell."

Hope that helps.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Green-top bin = OK
Blue-top bin = No, the council will fine you - that's just for metals and plastics.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
You could kill two birds with one stone. If you've got an old fridge or washing machine you don't need stick the animal inside, leave the appliance on your driveway and the pikeys will have both of them away within minutes.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I agree, but I don't think you've quite covered it.

The question: "Can I put my dead dog in green bin outside?" clearly implies the green bin already contains a dead dog, and merely asks whether or not he can put this outside.

So the answer must surely be: "We strongly recommend that you put it outside, otherwise the bin men won't empty it. And if you don't it will make the house smell."

Hope that helps.

Yes, you're right. That's definitely a strong candidate for what the OP meant.

OP - can you please clarify. Did you mean:

a) Is it morally/legally permissible for me to place my dead dog in my green bin, the latter already being located outside, OR

b) Do I have the physical ability to put my dead dog in my green bin (the location of the bin being provided redundantly), OR

c) Should I move my green bin, which already contains a dead dog, from its current location to an outside location, OR

d) Some other interpretation that the combined efforts of NSC have so far failed to glean?

Thanks.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes, you're right. That's definitely a strong candidate for what the OP meant.

OP - can you please clarify. Did you mean:

a) Is it morally/legally permissible for me to place my dead dog in my green bin, the latter already being located outside, OR

b) Do I have the physical ability to put my dead dog in my green bin (the location of the bin being provided redundantly), OR

c) Should I move my green bin, which already contains a dead dog, from its current location to an outside location, OR

d) Some other interpretation that the combined efforts of NSC have so far failed to glean?

Thanks.

I'd like to know whether the bin is actually coloured green, or is in some way eco-friendly and thus described as a 'green bin'. If the latter, how is it identifiable as a green bin ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
This thread has really upset me :cry:

I had a bet on that we would get a whole year without a thread going into NSC Gold

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
we have had dogs as well
so you think because this is about a dog its OK

Come on Glasfryn...... tell me how do you feel about this.....

Attachments

• Dog's dinner.jpg
    Dog's dinner.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 412

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
My other half came home from work with a story that reminds me of this:

She went to see an old lady patient of hers who was very upset.

Basically. this old ladys dog died and not knowing what to do with it, went to take it to the pet cemetary. this lady couldnt drive and didnt want to get a taxi, so decided to take it on the bus. not know how to transport it, she put it inside of a suit case and took it that way.

As she was getting off the bus, some guy offered to help her out with it and asked if she would like help in getting the suitcase off as it looked quite heavy. the guy said "oh do you mind me asking whats in here as its very heavy and you shouldnt be transporting this". she was a bit shocked and never knew what to say. so turned around and said "oh my grandsons a dj and he left his things at my house the other day".
At which point the guy took the suitcase off and ran down the road with it.

i kind of feel sorry for both people to be honest, the woman for losing her beloved dog and the robber who came accross this dead dog thinking it was dj equipment.

had me in tears for hours as i couldnt stop laughing

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
A few options for you

1: If you fancy yourself as a bit of a tracy Emin, you could try this and maybe make shot loads of money.

2: If you fancy yourself a bit of a little game hunter.

Attachments

• article-2094531-11893519000005DC-721_634x566.jpg
    article-2094531-11893519000005DC-721_634x566.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 374
  • tumblr_kttqxovf2c1qze1jro1_400.jpg
    tumblr_kttqxovf2c1qze1jro1_400.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 381

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I think everyone has completely misunderstood the OP's question. He's asking about whether he is physically able to put the dog in the green bin, not whether it's morally or legally allowable. OP - unless your GP is a NSC user, I don't think you've provided us with enough information to help you decide. Could you please provide us with the following information to help us:

- how tall are you?
- how high is the lid of your bin? The combination of these two facts will enable us to tell you whether you can open the bin.
- how heavy is the dog?
- how much do you work out? These two help us decide whether you are strong enough to lift the dog.
- do you have any back problems? If so, it's probably a no no, unless the dog is very small; or unless you can borrow a fork lift.
- do you have three arms and hands? You'll need two to carry the dog and one to open the lid.

There are probably a few more questions that need to be answered before we can give you a proper opinion, but these will do for a start.

Thanks......i now have a worrying image of an Umpa Lumpa struggling with a dead dog forever on my brain.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Shame you don't live out here, you can take it up into the mountains and let the vultures do the 'undertaking'.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
In Nepal they call it a Sky burial. Burials are impossible because of the hole digging problem, and the birds and vultures get a square meal and redistribute the atoms.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here