Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can hecke

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As poor as he was at Newcastle, he was as good tonight and then some.

Amazing performance.

Outstanding
As I said after the Newcastle game, he started a bit like a rabbit in the headlights but really grew into the game up there.. Yes at fault for one of their goals but to get to the level required defenders need the experience. Newcastle was a baptism of fire and nobody played well in the first half.

I thought he was immense and oozing confidence by the end last night. I have high hopes for him now and yes he may well have to step into Colwill’s boots.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
As I said after the Newcastle game, he started a bit like a rabbit in the headlights but really grew into the game up there.. Yes at fault for one of their goals but to get to the level required defenders need the experience. Newcastle was a baptism of fire and nobody played well in the first half.

I thought he was immense and oozing confidence by the end last night. I have high hopes for him now and yes he may well have to step into Colwill’s boots.
Yep . Plenty of exaggeration on this thread about how terrible he was at Newcastle . He wasn’t terrible over the course of the game

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Hmmm. He was ok wrestling against Harland, but was at fault for their goal.

Look at Pascal's reaction when they scored, he wasn't happy with JP.

He had a decent enough game last night, but he's not good enough to be our first choice CB just yet.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Obviously disagree re Newcastle, they literally let him have the ball in the second half and just pressed Dunk. As for exaggeration @DJ NOBO will have to beg to differ. 😃

Looking positively…..

But last night was a polar opposite, they let him have the ball so he travelled with it and played a good option.

The battle with Haaland was one of the moments of the season. Just outstanding defending.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Obviously disagree re Newcastle, they literally let him have the ball in the second half and just pressed Dunk. As for exaggeration @DJ NOBO will have to beg to differ. 😃

Looking positively…..

But last night was a polar opposite, they let him have the ball so he travelled with it and played a good option.

The battle with Haaland was one of the moments of the season. Just outstanding defending.
One thing became crystal clear last night to me, I will not be rolling my eyes and questioning RDZ team selections pre match anymore :lolol:

I was convinced that we were in for an absolute thumping when I saw the team sheet.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
One thing became crystal clear last night to me, I will not be rolling my eyes and questioning RDZ team selections pre match anymore :lolol:

I was convinced that we were in for an absolute thumping when I saw the team sheet.
😂😂😂 You and me both, I was livid. Hoping to restrict them to 4 etc…..

Couldn’t be more wrong.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I'll admit to not being his biggest fan over the past few weeks, but that performance was something special from the lad, never saw that coming.
I hope he feels really proud with how he played last night and it gives him a huge confidence boost.
Deserves to keep his place against Villa without a doubt.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I was worried when I saw his name on the team sheet. I thought he’s had some nervy performances. I believed he had it in him, I just didn’t expect him to step up the way he did.

To give it out to the Viking and show those marauding moves forward in the same game. Brilliant.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
They seem to sell packets of Heck, but no cans I'm afraid.

400011_FRONT.jpg

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Well I thought he was very good and probably the only professional footballer I've ever seen run like a Giraffe. Well done young man.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

He had a decent enough game last night, but he's not good enough to be our first choice CB just yet.
At 22 he doesn’t need to be, and he’ll make mistakes, particularly as he hasn’t had much game time to develop any consistency this season. He was up against a generational talent of a striker who is a physical freak, and got the better of him on several (most) occasions, as well as doing well with the ball at his feet. At one point he sensationally turned out of trouble on the edge of our own box with Haaland and another player right on him…..it was unbelievable

Breakthrough performance from him IMO.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Decent enough game? Not good enough? Ok wrestling against Haaland? In previous games alongside Dunk, he has looked nervy and lacking confidence. In place of Dunk against arguably, currently the best centre forward in the world, he looked like Dunk himself and I can pay no higher compliment. Haaland wasn't able to get free to increase his massive goal tally and JP was imperious, in context, a brilliant performance where he dominated and led the back line. My Man of the Match.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
He is out of contract next month and although we will exercise a one year option I expect we'll sell him and upgrade that area.

He needs game time and with Webster ahead of him it seems unlikely he's going to get that here.

This is from a recent interview he did in The Netherlands.

more

Van Hecke is out of contract in the summer but, in an interview with Dutch outlet Voetbal International (via Soccernews.nl), he revealed that he expects the club to exercise a one-year option in his contract but hinted that he could still leave in the upcoming window while making it clear he was not interested in another loan move.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
I thought he had a shocker of a 1st half against Newcastle and might not be up to it. Absolute redemption tonight (perhaps could've kept their goal out if I'm being harsh). Gave Haarland a tough time, outjumping him more often than not and sticking really close to him. Well done JPVH.
Veltman had a bit of a go at him for not keeping out Foden's shot, told him he was right there so how did he not kick it out.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Veltman had a bit of a go at him for not keeping out Foden's shot, told him he was right there so how did he not kick it out.
Well yes, I think he'll be disappointed as well. I just think he didn't set himself to be anything other than a barrier as he didn't (like most of us) expect Foden to scuff it. When he did, he was unable to react.

But these things happen. That was just one of the millions of micro decisions that you make every game and inexperienced players get more wrong than experienced ones. He did well.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Club has a one year option. But after yesterday it is pretty obvious he needs a longer one. And with much more football being played next season(s) - he will get one.
He will be offered one i'm sure. But i'm not sure he'll sign it.

He will be looking at last nights performance as a way of advertising himself. He's part of Brighton's much vaunted academy and decent European and PL teams will be interested in him. Teams who can offer a better prospectus than being Dunk's understudy for the next few seasons.

My guess is we activate the option and he gets sold for a modest sum, given he only has a year left to go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here