Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can Boy Scouts Please Stop Trying To Organise Us Into Ultras/Choirs/Travel Clubs

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just one thing to say to the whole lot of you:

Where were you when we were shit? ???

(sorry, but needed saying, its getting pathetic now)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
misery. can you imagine what its going to be like at falmer....wooohooo

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I've had enough of this. SHUT THE f*** UP YOU MOANING OLD PRICK. People are just trying to get some atmosphere going, if you want to sit in silence then do so. I cannot believe you are moaning about a new generation of young fans who are trying to create some atmosphere. Seriously, do one.

Sep 1, 2010
I've had enough of this. SHUT THE f*** UP YOU MOANING OLD PRICK. People are just trying to get some atmosphere going, if you want to sit in silence then do so. I cannot believe you are moaning about a new generation of young fans who are trying to create some atmosphere. Seriously, do one.

Could you elaborate on this?:laugh:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Sorry, but a Manc pub team created a mighty impressive wall of noise just the other week at Withdean and shamed the home support of the past ten years. That's what i want at Falmer. Can't be doing with this choreographed Reading-like bullshit. Maybe that's the future. If so, you win, and I, and people like me, lose. Good luck with that.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009

Can you be a bit more specific mate? Since my first game in 62/63 we have have been pretty shit on a number of occasions. I dont know that I can vouch for me whereabouts for each occasion but will try. Certainly recall a time in the 70's when I was in North Stand witnessing what I think was our 11th or 12th successive defeat. Am sure we will find a few new fans at Falmer, and a fair few "coming back" but personally I welcome them all, more the merrier

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

Those handing out the song sheets, I spoke to one bloke yesterday and I believe he is also one of the chaps behind TSLR, and certainly isnt a fairweather supporter.
Those who set up the 'Ultras', although i dont agree with the concept, have been following the Albion for a number of years, despite most of whom being younger than myself.

Miserable ****

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Sorry, but a Manc pub team created a mighty impressive wall of noise just the other week at Withdean and shamed the home support of the past ten years. That's what i want at Falmer. Can't be doing with this choreographed Reading-like bullshit. Maybe that's the future. If so, you win, and I, and people like me, lose. Good luck with that.

But is there REALLY a problem, seems an utterly bizarre thing to moan about that people are trying to get some atmosphere going before we move into Falmer. If you don't like it then just leave them to it.

bullshit detector

Back in the garage
Nov 18, 2003

THIS x 10. Answer to Boring TOM is: they are YOUNG PEOPLE, during the war years they were TOO YOUNG to do anything, people on here MOAN at 'superfans' from the old days and MOAN at youngsters trying to do something different. SHUT UP and SUPPORT THE ALBION in the way you want - and if you don't like their chants make up your own! Message to the singers: DON"T READ NSC, just do your thing, no one is going to have a go at you at a game (just imagine it: 'I am embarrrassed by the way you choose to support the Albion, if you don't stop doing it, then I am going to start a fight with someone a third of my age' - that WOULD be embarrassing!) you are a credit to the club and don't let a bunch of fat old whiners tell you different!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
THIS x 10. Answer to Boring TOM is: they are YOUNG PEOPLE, during the war years they were TOO YOUNG to do anything, people on here MOAN at 'superfans' from the old days and MOAN at youngsters trying to do something different. SHUT UP and SUPPORT THE ALBION in the way you want - and if you don't like their chants make up your own! Message to the singers: DON"T READ NSC, just do your thing, no one is going to have a go at you at a game (just imagine it: 'I am embarrrassed by the way you choose to support the Albion, if you don't stop doing it, then I am going to start a fight with someone a third of my age' - that WOULD be embarrassing!) you are a credit to the club and don't let a bunch of fat old whiners tell you different!

Like I say, good luck with it :shrug:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Sorry, but a Manc pub team created a mighty impressive wall of noise just the other week at Withdean and shamed the home support of the past ten years. That's what i want at Falmer.

That 'wall of noise' was like watching the game with the radio on in the other room. Personally I found it rather tiresome and not at all atmospheric. They didn't react to what was going on on the pitch in any way. It seemed more about them as fans than the team on the pitch. Ho hum.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
This has been done to death but what the hell...

I think you'll find most people aren't that bothered about this whole ultras thing - most (me included) would be happy to see it succeed. But what you have at the moment aren't ultras, they're embarrassing. Yes, it IS good to see a new generation of fans wanting to create an atmosphere, but it's extremely concerning when they appear to outnumber the 'regulars'. Cheltenham is the classic example of this, and they really were an embarrassment.

I have no problem personally with anyone in the ultras, I don't know them so it would be wrong. I just think the shit they come out with makes us looks ridiculous, and makes a mockery of not only their organisation but Brighton supporters in general. If they came up with something good/original then I'd readily support and sing along, but I honestly can't remember the last time I was amused by a chant we came out with. Even yesterday, singing 'come and join us over here' to the Huddersfield fans! Why? What are you going to do?

I don't even think I blame the ultras on their own, when that thread was made for new chants on here a couple of weeks back, all of them were dreadful!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Think there is room for all perhaps us late 40s lot should re-form our original firms or even amalgamate into one "Super Firm" where we can have tea parties and discuss the real burning issues that are now important like prostrate cancer or redundancy.

Anyone up for it ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here